Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Wanting to switch from A/T's to 10 series.

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 05:21 PM
TekMan05
2nd Gear Member

Default Wanting to switch from A/T's to 10 series.

I have the American Thunder series mufflers now. Thing is, I'm not using them because I disconnected the exhaust under the car where the front portion clamps to the back part of the exhaust. Sounds so good, the way a Mustang is supposed to especially cammed. The reactions around town is priceless. Problem is, I lose a little bit of low end grunt from the shortened exhaust. I want to put a louder muffler and still have a bit of chambered sound to it. 10 series seems to be the way to go. SLP would be my 2nd choice. But, looking at a flowmaster online store on E-bay which setup do I need to fit my exhaust. I already know since it'll be a shorter muffler a shop would have to do some minor customizing to make them fit right. Do I need 2.5'' offset out or offset in and centered out?
Old 09-26-2011, 06:49 PM
TekMan05
2nd Gear Member

-bump. Anyone running 10 series on their 3 valve.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:56 AM
TekMan05
2nd Gear Member

Bumpty bump. Anyone out there lol?
Old 10-18-2011, 02:34 PM
ghunt
3rd Gear Member

I'd say the offset out would probably fit better. Regardless you'd be best off taking them to a muffler shop and having custom pipes made, and you'll need new hangers too.

Ya know, if you want something that will just bolt directly on, Cherry Bomb already makes it...
http://www.amazon.com/CHERRY-BOMB-EX.../dp/B0018GVUKE

That's the "extreme" axle back which has cherry bomb's version of the 1-chamber.
Old 10-18-2011, 03:43 PM
ffk_pennywise
3rd Gear Member

Where are in MO are you?

I have longtubes/cams with Mac mufflers and dont like it. I was thinking of switching to Flows.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:09 PM
TekMan05
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ffk_pennywise
Where are in MO are you?

I have longtubes/cams with Mac mufflers and dont like it. I was thinking of switching to Flows.
I'm across the state from ya. Suburbs of Kansas City, MO. And I did account that custom pipes will have to be made to compesnsate for the difference in muffler size. Thanks for the advice and i'll look into that cherry bomb. I love the un hooked muffler sound but don't like the low end grunt I lose from it. At the same time I want to also have a full axle back that comes dang close to sound level and aggression but retain the back pressure and have some of that deep chambered echo. Hence why I'm considering 10 series.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:58 AM
TekMan05
2nd Gear Member

Ok guys, I got the Super 10 series installed at a local shop yesterday. I'll get around to making a video of her monday when I'm off work. Everything about it is AMAZING. There's only one down fall. High amount of drone around 1800-2000rpms. I'm wondering if there's some sound deadening method I could do to the undercarriage to even help reduce it just a little bit and I would be completely happy.
Old 12-03-2011, 09:47 AM
Maraman
3rd Gear Member

Quite the amount of money you've been throwing around to make the car sound the way you want.
Old 12-03-2011, 12:06 PM
TekMan05
2nd Gear Member

Compared to SLP Loudmouths I saved money. I got both mufflers off an E-bay store for $130. Then it only costed $100 to have them installed. Alot of the SLP kits I see sold on Brenspeed or American Muscle are over $300. That's crazy for some straight pipe that won't get you any distinct tone. I love these 10 series and I can handle some drone. I just want to lower the amount inside the cab just a bit.
Old 12-03-2011, 12:19 PM
rdsx18
4th Gear Member

You could try something like dynamat on the inside of the trunk, I bet it would help some. Dynamat is expensive though, there are other brands out there but I can't recall the names right now.

Quick Reply: Wanting to switch from A/T's to 10 series.