Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Stage 3 upgrade from brenspeed

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 02:55 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Congrats on the new mods!

Not sure if you have them already, but Long tube headers make a world of difference with the auto cars in terms of opening up a good amount of power.

I bet it would push it right over the edge of whats safe on the stock motor.
Old 11-11-2011, 04:41 AM
jwharton
2nd Gear Member

Great to hear it's working out great for you! Stage 3 is a lot of fun...well except for trying to hook I am still working my issues between my local tuning guy and Brenspeed. I was running real lean as I expected. My local SCT tuning guy, Chris at Wichita Dyno has been fantastic to work with. We will hopefully get my stage 3 where it should be in the next couple days.
Jim
Old 11-11-2011, 09:31 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
Congrats on the new mods!

Not sure if you have them already, but Long tube headers make a world of difference with the auto cars in terms of opening up a good amount of power.

I bet it would push it right over the edge of whats safe on the stock motor.
I had never thought about putting LTs on bc I don't want the car to loud. We use my car to travel too so I have to keep it tolerable.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:29 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Congrats on the upgrades outcelj. With the new TC and the stage 3 upgrade you should see 11s easy as long as the air is decent. Your track is already closed for the winter? Is it that cold there already? Longtubes with cams is just freaking loud. After those mods, my next few purchases were to tone it down to realistic loud. LOL
450 is perfect to the rear wheels. Auto trans certainly doesnt want anymore.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:38 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

808 Its closed now. I think the track shuts down n November. We got some snow the other day but it didn't stick. I actually had a rough time getting to the track bc of my job and mother nature. I may try some bracket racing but I'm not even sure what one I should do. I wish they had brackets for 11s or 12 second runs. It's called Friday nite rage at the track. What exactly is the transmission rated too
Old 11-12-2011, 12:05 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

450 lbs.trq. like the rods.. one of the reasons I don't want to go forged yet is because whats the point (except for insurance purposes) if you can't push it to at least 580whp?

the block can handle it, but the auto trans is the weak link at that point.. a built trans/converter/driveshaft is nearly $7k.. THEN it's hp city! lol
Old 11-12-2011, 10:30 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jwharton
Great to hear it's working out great for you! Stage 3 is a lot of fun...well except for trying to hook I am still working my issues between my local tuning guy and Brenspeed. I was running real lean as I expected. My local SCT tuning guy, Chris at Wichita Dyno has been fantastic to work with. We will
hopefully get my stage 3 where it should be in the next couple days.
Jim

Hey Jim how is that stage 3 coming along. Hope ur getting it figured out
Old 11-12-2011, 01:18 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by outceltj
I had never thought about putting LTs on bc I don't want the car to loud. We use my car to travel too so I have to keep it tolerable.
you could use 2 resonators per side out the back and then use the stock mufflers

The LT's give out a fat increase in WHP due to their design over the shorty headers

Personally, I did not do mine due to smog testing.

Old 11-12-2011, 01:33 PM
Lem-06
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
you could use 2 resonators per side out the back and then use the stock mufflers

The LT's give out a fat increase in WHP due to their design over the shorty headers

Personally, I did not do mine due to smog testing.

ahhh...the dredded smog test.....good thing i live in KY where we have trucks that barely hit 5mpg and belch out all the smoke you want
Old 11-12-2011, 01:43 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

lol noice.. ^^

Quick Reply: Stage 3 upgrade from brenspeed