Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Stage 3 upgrade from brenspeed

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 09:29 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Default Stage 3 upgrade from brenspeed

Well I finally got my car back and all is good in the world of performance as far as my car is concerned. With the new upgrade with the torque convertor the car is just a beast. People really are amazed when I give them a ride b/c of the torque they feel.

I do have some questions though. With the stage 3 saleen they should be pushing around 470 but Im only getting about 450 to the wheels. I know that 410's and torque convertor take away those gains. But I guess I didnt think it would be that much. Like I said the car is still amazing and I know the track is what matters. I have to wait till next year to see if im in the 11's. Should be. So why does a torque convertor take away. When I first had that installed it made an undbelievable difference.

So really now I dont have a whole lot to do unless I do some different shocks and struts. Maybe a driveshaft as I still have the stocker. As far as more horses Im gonna have to get a B302 if I decide to continue on with the build. Its been fun. Watching the car morph into my beast that my old man cant hardly believe even in his GTO days. I wanted to thank everyone here for always giving my good advice.
Old 11-09-2011, 11:32 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

450ish is right where you want to be....congrats on building
a beast that Pop is proud of.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:19 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

thanks dude. its been fun
Old 11-09-2011, 03:14 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Get yourself a 1 piece aluminum driveshaft, it will make a world of difference. Congrats on the upgrades!
Old 11-10-2011, 11:42 AM
Thor
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by outceltj
Well I finally got my car back and all is good in the world of performance as far as my car is concerned. With the new upgrade with the torque convertor the car is just a beast. People really are amazed when I give them a ride b/c of the torque they feel.

I do have some questions though. With the stage 3 saleen they should be pushing around 470 but Im only getting about 450 to the wheels. I know that 410's and torque convertor take away those gains. But I guess I didnt think it would be that much. Like I said the car is still amazing and I know the track is what matters. I have to wait till next year to see if im in the 11's. Should be. So why does a torque convertor take away. When I first had that installed it made an undbelievable difference.

So really now I dont have a whole lot to do unless I do some different shocks and struts. Maybe a driveshaft as I still have the stocker. As far as more horses Im gonna have to get a B302 if I decide to continue on with the build. Its been fun. Watching the car morph into my beast that my old man cant hardly believe even in his GTO days. I wanted to thank everyone here for always giving my good advice.
You have an Auto, so that's taking away some of the numbers aswell.
Old 11-10-2011, 02:40 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Not sure just bc it's an auto that would lose horses. I know 410s and the convertor will.
Old 11-10-2011, 02:43 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ODDYSEY
Get yourself a 1 piece aluminum driveshaft, it will make a world of difference. Congrats on the upgrades!
The one piece is in the works here sometime soon along with better rotors and hawks brake pads which I already have. I'd like to do shocks and struts but not sure bc I don't want a ride that's harsh. Although I have heard konis r good
Old 11-10-2011, 05:06 PM
Thor
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by outceltj
Not sure just bc it's an auto that would lose horses. I know 410s and the convertor will.
Auto's lose more than Manuals so that 470 that you were talking about would most likely be attained with a 5-speed.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:18 PM
Cobrakev
3rd Gear Member

An Auto will lose about 8% more than a Manual Transmission
Old 11-10-2011, 08:08 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

I guess I would have never thought that bc when u dyne teat it's always in 4th gear auto or manual.

Quick Reply: Stage 3 upgrade from brenspeed