Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

OBX LT Headers

Old 12-15-2011, 04:35 PM
EVOstang1

Default OBX LT Headers

anyone put these on an 05 GT yet? i am thinking about it as i hear they work great on lightnings and lots of other cars??

I dont drive my 05 much so i am not worried about rusting them out or discolouring them?

or would anyone have any fitment issues on these or even pypes?

how about BBK?
Old 12-15-2011, 06:34 PM
HxCGuitars
3rd Gear Member

I'd like to know from people as well. Unfortunately they aren't as cheap as they used to be. You used to be able to get them for $300 give or take for headers and an o/r h, now i can't find them for anything less than about $460 before shipping. At that price it might be smart to just spring for the pypes, as I haven't heard of any fitment issues with them, and they're a bit more popular.

None of this is from experience, just what I've read.
Old 12-16-2011, 04:28 PM
EVOstang1

I have heard pypes is or can be a nightmare for fitment?

what about BBK?
Old 12-17-2011, 09:28 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Any of them can be a nightmare. Sactown has OBX long tubes. I think I will be getting some this next year.
Old 12-17-2011, 01:10 PM
Powered by Ford

Originally Posted by Simon1
Any of them can be a nightmare. Sactown has OBX long tubes. I think I will be getting some this next year.
I disagrees with any of them can be a nightmare. I will agree with most can be a nightmare. The best fitting and quality headers are Kooks, Stainless Works, and American Racing Headers. However, you pay for the quality and craftmanship. Also each of these brands uses 304LL Stainless Steel which is a much high quality stainless steel than 409 which will corrode (and has worse heat transfer properties, meaning it will grow and shrink more than 304LL).

Basically my recommendation would be save up for a high quality set that has a lifetime warranty.
Old 12-17-2011, 01:50 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

I have Pypes and fitment was spot on. They have been on my car for 20 months and perform perfectly. Even with the blower, they are fine. Kooks are a great product but not everybody can or wants to spend that much on headers. Brenspeed recommended the Pypes when I was shopping for LTs, so I was happy to spend half and get a great item.
Old 12-17-2011, 02:07 PM
JCON
5th Gear Member

I had a set of OBX shorties on my 05 V6. I would suggest sending them to El Paso Powder Coatings and having them coated. My shorties discolored on first drive and with in 6 months started rusting.

http://www.elpasopowdercoating.com/
Old 12-19-2011, 07:32 AM