Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Dynoed

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 05:46 PM
autos221
2nd Gear Member

Unhappy Dynoed

Got her dynoed on a mustang dyno. car was pinging like crazy and running way too rich(damn bama tunes)only made 279rwhp going back next tues to get a custom tune done.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4owUq...pKzx9uT8ea2p_I
Old 12-28-2011, 06:07 PM
WV2000GT
1st Gear Member

If you're pinging it seems like they have your timing set a too high. Did you data log any runs? My girlfriend's brother had some issues with his bama tunes on his 08. Mine were spot on for my car when it just had normal bolt ons. I'm not sure if its just something with the bama tunes and the newer ones or not. His ran like crap (a lot of hesitation)...seemed way off.

Originally Posted by autos221
Got her dynoed on a mustang dyno. car was pinging like crazy and running way too rich(damn bama tunes)only made 279rwhp going back next tues to get a custom tune done.
Old 12-28-2011, 06:49 PM
autos221
2nd Gear Member

Yeah it was data logged and it was just bad
I'm surprised my spark plugs survived the runs.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:04 PM
Thor
2nd Gear Member

I see that you got your car dynoed at Realspeed, what part of LI are you from?
Old 12-29-2011, 06:43 AM
autos221
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Thor
I see that you got your car dynoed at Realspeed, what part of LI are you from?
shirley area
Old 12-29-2011, 10:56 AM
AMChrisRose
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by autos221
PM me your full name or your last order number from us, so I can pull up your files.

Something doesn't sound right there. Was it pinging before you brought it to the dyno? Can you hook me up with a dyno graph? Also - if the car is running rich, it would mask detonation, so if the timing was a little on the high side, you'd never hear it. Honestly, I've run a dyno shop before - dyno shops want to sell dyno tunes. They'll tell customers anything to get you to ditch your current tune.

Shoot me over a dyno graph, let me take a look at your tune files and verify that all of the mods are correctly submitted on your end, and that the tune was written correctly on our end to rule out human error. We do literally hundreds of 3V's with Hot Rod cams each month and never have any problems - we get back dyno graphs and datalogs all the time showing that they're spot on.

I want to get it straightened away for you, so I'm going to need you to be open to the fact that your tune might not be as bad as you were told. I'll even work with you to datalog it, and make sure it's perfect. It'll be as good as any custom dyno tune.

Also, Mustang dynos read lower than an inertia dyno will (like a Dynojet, for example) - so 279RWHP, while it is very low for your mods, it's only "kind of" low, once you factor in what it would have ran on a different dyno.

We'll get you squared away. Don't waste your money on a dyno tune - your setup is simple. Actually, you're only in New York - I'd be open to it if you want to come down here and throw it on our dyno. We can run it as-is, and see exactly whether or not it was far off. You'll get a free dyno-verification out of it, and I'll throw in some AM swag.

Last edited by AMChrisRose; 12-29-2011 at 11:05 AM.
Old 12-29-2011, 04:08 PM
autos221
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMChrisRose
PM me your full name or your last order number from us, so I can pull up your files.

Something doesn't sound right there. Was it pinging before you brought it to the dyno? Can you hook me up with a dyno graph? Also - if the car is running rich, it would mask detonation, so if the timing was a little on the high side, you'd never hear it. Honestly, I've run a dyno shop before - dyno shops want to sell dyno tunes. They'll tell customers anything to get you to ditch your current tune.

Shoot me over a dyno graph, let me take a look at your tune files and verify that all of the mods are correctly submitted on your end, and that the tune was written correctly on our end to rule out human error. We do literally hundreds of 3V's with Hot Rod cams each month and never have any problems - we get back dyno graphs and datalogs all the time showing that they're spot on.

I want to get it straightened away for you, so I'm going to need you to be open to the fact that your tune might not be as bad as you were told. I'll even work with you to datalog it, and make sure it's perfect. It'll be as good as any custom dyno tune.

Also, Mustang dynos read lower than an inertia dyno will (like a Dynojet, for example) - so 279RWHP, while it is very low for your mods, it's only "kind of" low, once you factor in what it would have ran on a different dyno.

We'll get you squared away. Don't waste your money on a dyno tune - your setup is simple. Actually, you're only in New York - I'd be open to it if you want to come down here and throw it on our dyno. We can run it as-is, and see exactly whether or not it was far off. You'll get a free dyno-verification out of it, and I'll throw in some AM swag.
Well I cancelled the dyno tune now because I was driving and took a corner and the tranny started a loud humming and I think its the flywheel Fing up so I dunno what Im going to do now about to get rid of this car.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:19 PM
Ricardo
3rd Gear Member

Another reason to shop @ American Muscle. Love these guys!

Hey Autos221, might want to get your tranny looked at. Another member here, BlackSmoke, had his perfectly good 5 speed basically destroy itself after a few hard dyno sessions and he had just the exact same mods you have. A few $k later the solution was a brand new tranny. You should PM him for the details.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:04 AM
autos221
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ricardo
Another reason to shop @ American Muscle. Love these guys!

Hey Autos221, might want to get your tranny looked at. Another member here, BlackSmoke, had his perfectly good 5 speed basically destroy itself after a few hard dyno sessions and he had just the exact same mods you have. A few $k later the solution was a brand new tranny. You should PM him for the details.
I heard simila sounds before the dyno but it got real bad now and im going to the dealer on the third
Old 12-30-2011, 02:44 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Hope it works out. H8 to see a fellow stanger leave the fam.

Quick Reply: Dynoed