Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Sleeper seems to attract most attention from wanna be racers/jerks

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 01:01 AM
Lem-06
4th Gear Member

I had some old pos Honda rev at me on the way to a crowded intersection.
Sounded like a weed whacker passing me till he had to stop 2 car lengths later. As i passed them they just stared at me.
So many stupid people out there trying to look bad
Old 01-02-2012, 08:11 AM
1987MustangGT5.0
2nd Gear Member

I honestly don't understand people that own fast cars but don't want to race. I'm not talking about racing up to twice the speed limit, but I'll always race a guy up to the speed limit or ~10km/h over. Why not? Be fun or go buy an Accord.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:06 PM
forensicsteve
4th Gear Member

honestly don't understand people that own fast cars but don't want to race

Where to start? Never mind...just leave it as you don't understand.

Oh and some of those douchers etc.... drive mustangs. You see that when you are driving a fast stock car, other than a mustang.

Last edited by forensicsteve; 01-02-2012 at 12:14 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:54 PM
tx_zstang
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 1987MustangGT5.0
I honestly don't understand people that own fast cars but don't want to race. I'm not talking about racing up to twice the speed limit, but I'll always race a guy up to the speed limit or ~10km/h over. Why not? Be fun or go buy an Accord.
That'd be like 2 seconds.
What's the point? The risks are way too high, unless you're both out in a clear area with no traffic or hazzards.

We take those challenges to the track, where it is far safer, for you and everyone else.

Having a fast car doesn't mean you have something to prove, but it does require a much greater maturity to know what and what not to do with it. Not to mention the risks. If you're young, you dont get it and dont care.

I too get the occasional 'challenge', usually at highway speeds. I'll usually wave my hand or wave my index finger like 'nuh uh, you dont want any of this'. Seems honder kids are the worst, lol.

Now, someone pulling in front of you to try to block you? That's just insane! That's so stupid! Try that to a speeding 18-wheeler. (The nice thing about having all that power is you can very quickly navigate around such idiots.)

Last edited by tx_zstang; 01-02-2012 at 12:57 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 02:55 PM
Ricardo
3rd Gear Member

You guys with the seriously fast cars seem to be the ones that think with your heads and not your foot when on the streets. The guys who have something to prove are the ones most likely to be idiots.

It saddens me that the local Mustang club I was a member of welcomed the local import guys into the group and soon after they were posting videos on youtube of racing through town @ 140, complete with signs in the background and faces in the videos. Got banished because I called them out for being douchebags.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:30 PM
aerbourne
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ricardo
You guys with the seriously fast cars seem to be the ones that think with your heads and not your foot when on the streets. The guys who have something to prove are the ones most likely to be idiots.

It saddens me that the local Mustang club I was a member of welcomed the local import guys into the group and soon after they were posting videos on youtube of racing through town @ 140, complete with signs in the background and faces in the videos. Got banished because I called them out for being douchebags.
I really do respect all the older guys on here that have put a TON of work into their cars and who you can tell have had a ton of experience.

That makes me mad. I expect kids in mustangs around my college town to have have some sort of respect for American muscle and elegant styling...but it kills me how many of them would trade out theirs for a crappy ricer that hasnt been taken care of at all just because itll hit 60 half a second faster. NOT a part of my mustang family. Glad you told those guys off

Originally Posted by MrSandman
I took him like he was standing still...but he had a huge grin on his face when I slowed down...an gave me a big thumbs up.
im that kid sometimes =P haha. im honored to get smoked by an obviously nicer car

Originally Posted by forensicsteve
Oh and some of those douchers etc.... drive mustangs. You see that when you are driving a fast stock car, other than a mustang.
even in a mustang looking at the others, im a little disappointed sometimes

Originally Posted by adj86
Yep. There are plenty of idiots/douchers out there. I had a guy in a Charger try to race me on a street in an ultra pedestrian freindly area next to a running trail. I didn't take the bait (seeing as I don't wish to kill anyone). Dude was so busy looking in his rear view mirror at me he didn't see a woman walking across the road who was 3/4 the way out of his lane, barely missed her.
what an asshat. would have been survival of the fittest though. her dead for not looking and him in jail for being a dumbass

Originally Posted by F0RD4LifE
I'm with you, it gets so old. I like respecting other peoples cars, if I'm next to a respectable car at a red light, I comment and get comments back and then we drive off proudly. Of course a lot of people are douche bags that are just way to stuck up to even look and let their feet do the talking.
LOVE those conversations. I leave notes on peoples cars in parking lots sometimes because i can tell they take pride in their car and it would make their day
Old 01-02-2012, 05:53 PM
xylandme

I had a guy in a Magnum try me. Not interested in racing, he was, cop up the street got him. I past him and waved bye bye.... LOL
Old 01-02-2012, 06:23 PM
Thor
2nd Gear Member

My car is the exact opposite of sleeper and I have yet to be challenged in the year that I've had it.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:14 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by forensicsteve

Funny you said that.
I get with those guys at times when I'm on my bike.
It's always the young idiots though, than have no clue about the interesting thing that is called "power to weight ratio". lol.
Makes it too easy.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:50 PM
Lem-06
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Thor
My car is the exact opposite of sleeper and I have yet to be challenged in the year that I've had it.
Cause they scared of it.
It would chew them up and spit em down the highway

Quick Reply: Sleeper seems to attract most attention from wanna be racers/jerks