Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Sleeper seems to attract most attention from wanna be racers/jerks

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 04:05 PM
adj86
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by aerbourne
what an asshat. would have been survival of the fittest though. her dead for not looking and him in jail for being a dumbass
Yep. I will say this, there isn't any way the lady would have ever seen him. All she would have ever seen was me making a left turn on to the road and him following behind me. It wasn't till after that, the guy got in the right lane and gunned it. Still driving or walking you gotta pay tons of attention.

Last edited by adj86; 01-03-2012 at 04:07 PM.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:10 PM
rdsx18
4th Gear Member

My car sounds fast, so I never get people wanting to race. I guess cams, headers, hi flow cats and a straight through muffler will do that lol.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:17 PM
Snakebite64
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 1987MustangGT5.0
I honestly don't understand people that own fast cars but don't want to race. I'm not talking about racing up to twice the speed limit, but I'll always race a guy up to the speed limit or ~10km/h over. Why not? Be fun or go buy an Accord.
3 years and nothing yet. Now then on to the quick takeoffs, if I am on Mac Tr it takes me approximately 2.5 seconds to get to +10 over the limit and Centre St N even less time. I honestly do not see the fun of hammering it in first gear and then shutting it down. Taking the car up to 200 kmph and rowing 3-4 gears in the 1/4 is absolutely worth the effort.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:41 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangFirstCar
Are you all saying that if a shiny new Camaro pulled up next to you on a lonely road and said "let's go" you wouldn't consider it?
Don't need to. I have a huge *****.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:53 PM
aerbourne
2nd Gear Member

I've got an average sized ***** and would probably accept said race

Last edited by aerbourne; 01-03-2012 at 11:17 PM.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:50 PM
1987MustangGT5.0
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Snakebite64
3 years and nothing yet. Now then on to the quick takeoffs, if I am on Mac Tr it takes me approximately 2.5 seconds to get to +10 over the limit and Centre St N even less time. I honestly do not see the fun of hammering it in first gear and then shutting it down. Taking the car up to 200 kmph and rowing 3-4 gears in the 1/4 is absolutely worth the effort.
Fair enough, but the speed limit on MacLeod Trail is 60 kph so that's probably not very fun. Anderson up to 80 or from the red light on Barlow north before the merge onto Deerfoot at 100 is more fun. But yeah, I'll race up to just over the speed limit and don't think it's overly dangerous to anybody when done carefully (which is totally possible).

A little race is definitely more fun than no race at all.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:17 PM
JCON
5th Gear Member

Rt 1 in Delaware is 65mph and with many long stretches, no lights, and generally few police.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:14 AM
Lem-06
4th Gear Member

well this wasnt a race was more of just felt like testing it.
On my way home on i-41, not a person in sight for miles ahead of me and nobody behind me, laid into it and went from 75-115 in an instant it seemed.

Love long stretches of nothing and nobody around, leads to so much fun
Old 01-04-2012, 09:31 AM
defiance
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Diabolical!
I do race. A lot. But I'm only interested in racing my best previous timeslip.
No timeslip=not worth the gas.
Save it for the track, that's my theory as well. Forgot to mention, it is also not worth the tickets and the consequences of getting pulled over.

Originally Posted by 07BLACKGT
I've had people think my shiny polished A/C condenser is an intercooler.
:O I am so polishing mine asap! lol jk haha but that is funny, I bet they feel stupid when you tell them its an A/C condenser.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:57 AM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by DCzapla
As I stated before, Iam a firefighter and I have seen first hand what speeding,and or racing can do. My first year as a firefighter I had 2 accidents I responded to...of those 2 accidents there were 3 fatalities all children age 6 or younger. So I get really pissed when I see people racing or driving like an ***. How many of these guys could forgive themselves if the unthinkable happened?
And you've seen first hand what cooking in the kitchen can do, best to go to a restaurant and leave the cooking to professionals, because it's just stupid the kind of risk you put yourself and your family in by using the kitchen like an *******.

Actually, a certain amount of fun on the road I tolerate (driving should be fun), but weaving in traffic and driving beyond the cars capabilities and road conditions, that's just stupid. Speed, in and of itself, is not dangerous (planes are still one of the safest ways to travel), it's the loss of traction and sudden stop that is the issue.

Last edited by danzcool; 01-04-2012 at 12:02 PM.

Quick Reply: Sleeper seems to attract most attention from wanna be racers/jerks