Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Sleeper seems to attract most attention from wanna be racers/jerks

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 12:06 PM
essayons
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by danzcool
And you've seen first hand what cooking in the kitchen can do, best to go to a restaurant and leave the cooking to professionals, because it's just stupid the kind of risk you put yourself and your family in by using the kitchen like an *******.
Correct. Stupidity in driving and stupidity in the kitchen should not be tolerated. This is why I don't cook over a bonfire in the kitchen or chop steaks with a chainsaw. Racing (or driving beyond your abilities) on the street produces similar dangers to yourself and your property at least, and potentially to those around you.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:11 PM
aerbourne
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by danzcool
And you've seen first hand what cooking in the kitchen can do, best to go to a restaurant and leave the cooking to professionals, because it's just stupid the kind of risk you put yourself and your family in by using the kitchen like an *******.

Actually, a certain amount of fun on the road I tolerate (driving should be fun), but weaving in traffic and driving beyond the cars capabilities and road conditions, that's just stupid. Speed, in and of itself, is not dangerous (planes are still one of the safest ways to travel), it's the loss of traction and sudden stop that is the issue.
+1

it is every american's right to drive around on the weekend with the windows down going a little too fast with their music a little too loud
Old 01-04-2012, 01:04 PM
yfz450killer
1st Gear Member

If its too loud then your too old!
Old 01-05-2012, 02:05 PM
DCzapla
1st Gear Member

My other point Ill make is that I've worked hard for a long time to finally buy a mustang...Sorry, but Mommy and Daddy didn't buy my mustang for me. So that being said Im a little cautious about how I behave in my car.
Old 01-05-2012, 03:52 PM
yfz450killer
1st Gear Member

When you are paying for your own car yourself, you tend to respect it a little more then if it was just given to you.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:28 PM
2FNQUIK
1st Gear Member

Street racing IS NOT worth it, have I done it and been apart of it? SURE! Who hasn't, but I've also witnessed first hand what happens when people don't respect speed, not to mention the traffic laws. If someone wants to race, invite to the forum or local track for a test and tune or run what you brung deal. It is NEVER worth it on the street though, good thing no one got hurt physically, maybe a little pride....On another not, REGARDLESS of what color stang you have, let's face it, you have a car with a reputation of having *****....who wouldn't take a shot at ya
Old 01-06-2012, 02:54 AM
rebus
1st Gear Member

Out in Ontario California they can crush your ride and the judge orders you to watch them crush it! Many years ago I was an eyewitness to a deadly crash involving two cars street racing, and not known to them the cops were right behind them. One guy was an acquaintance of mine. That ended badly when a drunk driver turned left right in front of them, the resulting collision killed the drunk drivers wife. The drag racers were both charged with manslaughter, my acquaintance's Chevelle was totaled, he was badly hurt and his life would never be the same. All happened in seconds, changed a lot off lives. It can be tempting to street race, but if things go wrong the price can be high.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:28 AM
Jer5757
1st Gear Member

Time and a place for everything. If you cant understand that then best of luck to you in your life, but trust me the more you roll the dice the greater the odds something will go wrong. Having a fast car doesnt mean you should have to drive like a moron to impress other morons. I appreciate guys like Forensic Steve who have fast cars but are smart enough to save it for the right time. Fast car = Big Damage when it goes wrong
Old 01-06-2012, 10:47 AM
aerbourne
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2FNQUIK
you have a car with a reputation of having *****....who wouldn't take a shot at ya
man after my own heart
Old 01-06-2012, 11:34 AM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by F0RD4LifE
:O I am so polishing mine asap! lol jk haha but that is funny, I bet they feel stupid when you tell them its an A/C condenser.
haha do itttt. I just polished the edges and the piping and cleaned the center of it.. I'm going to paint the center meshy part black one of these days. but yeah, people ask "Is that an intercooler I see?" I usually just respond with "I wish." It does look a little suspicious down there though muahaha

Quick Reply: Sleeper seems to attract most attention from wanna be racers/jerks