Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

MGW finally arrived!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 03:47 PM
05SatinSilverGT
2nd Gear Member

Talking MGW finally arrived!

I ran to the door before the UPS guy knocked & apparently spooked him a little seeing as how he jumped out of his rain soaked shorts when I opened it ...but anyway! This thing is top notch. I can't believe the quality of this shifter, even the machined jam nut has some weight & is solid feeling. Now if only I could install it i'd be the happiest man alive, I was so anxious for it to get here only to have it look pretty inside a box inside a closet (Inception anyone?) for the next 2 months. That's what I get for having a full garage & no tools
Old 01-11-2012, 06:21 PM
breathegood
2nd Gear Member

It's a great shifter. I've been thrilled with mine. Solid, positive shifting and the adjustments let you put it into a much more comfortable position than the stocker. Why such a long wait? Do you store your car for the winter?
Old 01-11-2012, 08:38 PM
HxCGuitars
3rd Gear Member

What shift **** did you get? I really want the rally shift **** with either black with silver or white stripes. Not sure yet.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:59 PM
05SatinSilverGT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by breathegood
It's a great shifter. I've been thrilled with mine. Solid, positive shifting and the adjustments let you put it into a much more comfortable position than the stocker. Why such a long wait? Do you store your car for the winter?
Good to hear, I can hardly wait to test mine out. The car is put away for the winter, so is my gf's Mach 1 so even if I borrowed some tools from my buddy I wouldn't have the room.

Originally Posted by HxCGuitars
What shift **** did you get? I really want the rally shift **** with either black with silver or white stripes. Not sure yet.
I got the rally shift **** in black w/red stripes to match my car's red interior. It's a nice quality piece, looks amazing. What color is your car/interior? I'd definitely recommend the rally ***** regardless.

Edit: Duh, your car is black. Really then the stripes color is up to you, anything goes good with black. I'm assuming your interior is all black as well?

Last edited by 05SatinSilverGT; 01-11-2012 at 11:02 PM.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:21 PM
MadMike1337
2nd Gear Member

+1 awesome shifter
Old 01-12-2012, 08:09 AM
SON OF 68
2nd Gear Member

I like the Hurst that I have. I like the look of it especially. Gives that nostalgic look. However, it does rattle a lot and make noise, and is somewhat notchy. I'm going to give the gun oil that I've seen recommended a shot and if it doesn't work, MGW it is. I have heard very good things about this shifter.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:22 PM
HxCGuitars
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 05SatinSilverGT
I got the rally shift **** in black w/red stripes to match my car's red interior. It's a nice quality piece, looks amazing. What color is your car/interior? I'd definitely recommend the rally ***** regardless.

Edit: Duh, your car is black. Really then the stripes color is up to you, anything goes good with black. I'm assuming your interior is all black as well?
Yes, my interior is black. Really thinking about the silver as I think if I ever got stripes they would be silver. At the same time, I'd really like the stripes and shift pattern to stand out. I just think it looks so good on those *****!
Old 01-13-2012, 06:03 PM
madmann26
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SON OF 68
I like the Hurst that I have. I like the look of it especially. Gives that nostalgic look. However, it does rattle a lot and make noise, and is somewhat notchy. I'm going to give the gun oil that I've seen recommended a shot and if it doesn't work, MGW it is. I have heard very good things about this shifter.
I have the procomp billet Hurst and I can't stand it. It's notchy as hell and noisey has hell. I do love the look of it, but for all intent and purposes, that's about it.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:11 AM
SON OF 68
2nd Gear Member

I agree madmann. I also have the same one. The Billet Hurst. I love the look of the shifter, and really, it's pretty hard to miss shifts. But yea, for regular driving, it's a bit irritating.