Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > GT S197 General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 01-24-2012, 07:11 PM   #11
VISTABLUECS

Vehicle: 2010 Roush

I have the 2010 Roush that is Supercharged but no forged internals...
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
VISTABLUECS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 10:58 AM   #12
autos221
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 09 GT

I do not see the point of making cars like that "Handle" The should just be good in a straight line, not everyone takes a race track to work and if you do there is the boss....
Old 01-26-2012, 10:32 PM   #13
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011 GT 5.0 Coyote
None, Facebook is the Devil! None, Twitter is for Twits! None, I hate it when my boss snoops the net about me

No doubt the new GT500 Trinity is a beast, and the potential is there especially for straight line pure power. The only problem is you will have to switch out the rear wheels and tires for DRs and for even more punishing drag racing power, dropping in 4.10:1 rear gears. Possibly even switching out the stock TR6060 with 2.66:1 1st gear for a built up T56 Magnum with 2.97:1 1st gear. At that point, you had better hold onto your pants as that 600ft-lbf crank is multiplied through the 2.97:1 1st gear and 4.10:1 rear gears. You might even break traction even on DRs with that total 1st gear and amount of engine torque.

Squirrel of Death!
Do not **** off the SoD!!!!
JIM5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 06:46 PM   #14
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Mustang GT

Sounds like win or win!
808muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 06:46 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2012, 2013, 427r, california, dealer, ford, forum, forums, gt, gt500, mustang, prices, roush, rs3, vs