Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > GT S197 General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 03-21-2014, 09:21 PM   #31
jz
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 06 mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerjd View Post
Date and time of original post: 02-08-2012, 02:30 PM...I'm glad you think your paper weight has some type of value lol
LOL!!
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

06 GT. Steeda Hood, Bumper, F&R sway bars, strut tower brace, struts/shocks, sport springs, HD strut mounts, UDP's, delete plates. Hawk Brake pads. Power Slot Rotors. Goodridge Braided brake Lines. BMR combo UCA, combo/adj LCA's, LCA relocation brackets, adj panhard bar, panhard bar brace. Pro 5.0 shifter. K&N CAI. Magnaflow Magnapacks cat back. FRPP 4.10's. BAMACHIPS SCT 93 tune.
jz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 10:18 AM   #32
Chevy Convert
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: '05 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja920 View Post
I guess it's the cool thing to say on mustang forums that throttle body spacers are a joke. Try one. You will see an increase in HWY MPG by at least two. Throttle response is much better as well. You like giving anyone **** for a simple question.
How old are you?
White '05 GT: Flow AT's, MRT Catted H Pipe, JLT2 CAI, Brenspeed 91 tune, Steeda UDPs, FRPP 4.10's, Coast Alum DS, Hurst Shifter, BMR LCA's, Pan Hard rod/brace, rear sway bar, DS Loop, CHE K Mmbr brace w/ torque limiters, Summit COP's, 20% tint
Chevy Convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 11:03 AM   #33
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 GT
Send a message via AIM to Nuke Send a message via Yahoo to Nuke Send a message via Skype™ to Nuke

Quote:
...Try one. You will see an increase in HWY MPG by at least two. Throttle response is much better as well. You like giving anyone **** for a simple question.
Sorry, but I'd need to see the data before I refrain from saying you're full of chit. How many dozens of before data points and dozens of after data points are you basing that 2 mpg gain on? I've logged thousands of fuel mileage data from about a dozen vehicles on the same 1000 mile stretch of highway over many years and the "do nothing" mod can, by itself, have a 2-4 mpg variance. Of course, if your fuel supply was identical from tank to tank, that might help reduce one of the dozen or more variables.

Your TB spacer is a piece of metal with no scientific basis. You were duped, period. It's that placebo effect; my Stang is faster after it's been washed and waxed.
07 GT Prem: Alloy, MT, 3.55's, Steeda CAI w/Brenspeed tunes, FRPP Stingers, 275/40/18 Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S on SVT Cobras (OE GT500's), 14" shorty, Wheelskin side scoops & qtr window louvers, A-H rear window louvers, SHR honeycomb blackout panel, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
06 V6: Legend Lime, Pony Package, 14" shorty, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars

Last edited by Nuke; 03-22-2014 at 01:26 PM.
Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 01:23 PM   #34
P51C
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 12 Mustang GT

It's actually called "confirmation bias". There's a tendency to rearrange or invent data points to agree with a preconception, post purchase.
P51C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 01:37 PM   #35
JimC

Vehicle: 2013 MCA convertible

If the 1" spacer is going to give so much power and MPG, then why not simply put a 12" spacer on and move the throttle body even further?

Really what do you think moving the throttle body further out is going to do in a fuel injected car? It isn't like the older carburetor cars where the fuel and air is mixed and you actually are increasing the runner length (and cooling the fuel/air mixture to some extent) by inserting a spacer between the manifold and the carburetor.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 05:18 PM   #36
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: early 2000, 1991, 2008

But you are making the air swirl! And look how fast a tornado goes by swirling!!!!!!!!!!!!

1991 2.3L I4
2000 3.8L V6
2008 4.6L V8
PNYXPRESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 01:29 AM   #37
ninja920

Vehicle: 2005 Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerjd View Post
Date and time of original post: 02-08-2012, 02:30 PM...I'm glad you think your paper weight has some type of value lol
Ok, I know my car. After going from a paper air filter to a K&N filter my MPG dropped. After putting on the TB spacer my MPG went up along with my throttle response. How in the **** is that just a paper weight then? You must have some monster really cool CAI that makes 800 HP. I didn't get the TB spacer as a performance add on.
ninja920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 02:20 AM   #38
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 GT
Josh Baker JoshuaDBaker xxPanduh

Quote:
Ok, I know my car. After going from a paper air filter to a K&N filter my MPG dropped. After putting on the TB spacer my MPG went up along with my throttle response. How in the **** is that just a paper weight then? You must have some monster really cool CAI that makes 800 HP. I didn't get the TB spacer as a performance add on.
No, I don't have a CAI that makes that big of power because they don't exist. Same goes for your paper weight magic beans TB spacer. It makes no difference. Keep looking for ways to justify your purchase while the rest of us live in the real world.

2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium Triple Yellow - Ordered
2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium Screaming Yellow - 1st Car/Soon to be Retired Daily Driver/April '12 ROTM
2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Dark Shadow Gray - Gone
2004 Ford Mustang GT Premium Oxford White - Gone
bakerjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:57 PM   #39
azdevil1
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 5.0 Coupe

Some say a tb spacer offers a 'whistle' noise when the throttle is engaged...

whooppidee doo. I'll ride shotgun and whistle at ya the whole trip for half the cost of a spacer if that's what someone wants to pay for.
azdevil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 07:55 AM   #40
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: early 2000, 1991, 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdevil1 View Post
Some say a tb spacer offers a 'whistle' noise when the throttle is engaged...

whooppidee doo. I'll ride shotgun and whistle at ya the whole trip for half the cost of a spacer if that's what someone wants to pay for.
OR you can just add the whistle tips! WOO WOO!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZD-A...D-ADArwXo#t=58

1991 2.3L I4
2000 3.8L V6
2008 4.6L V8

Last edited by PNYXPRESS; 03-27-2014 at 08:05 AM.
PNYXPRESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 07:55 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2012, 99, blue, body, gt, intake, mach, mustang, s197, sells, spacer, throttle, torque, trottle, website