Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

20x10 Rims and Wheels.

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 04:08 PM
mikesanto70

Originally Posted by mikesanto70
Can you hook me up with the contact info in a personal message for those PS2's, I always wanted to try those but the $$$$$ was to insane

Thanks, BTW, car looks killer!!

Hey, little piece of advice, put the factory GT500 mud/splash guards on the rear, not only do they look awesome, they keep all that **** off of your rear quarter, especially when you do a "BAKE" show / "burnout". Make sure to get them from Ford Dealer, dont use aftermarket ones!!
Trust me on this one, its a must do mod and its cheap and saves your paint and you barely know they are there, they come stock on GT500's so if you want to see a set on a car, just go check out a GT500!!

Mike S
Old 11-07-2012, 04:11 PM
mikesanto70

Originally Posted by txA&M08
295/30 is harder to find from my experience, otherwise that's what I would've done. There's a small business here in Houston that buys secondhand patched tires from the local Porsche dealerships, so they always have sets of 295/35/20 PS2s readily available. They're original applications pulled off of 911s where I presume the owner either didn't want to run on a patched tire or the original was replaced under road hazard warranty and sold off. $370 a pair with 9/10-10/10 tread left!

Here are a couple:

Copied my own quote, so I'm re-doing it!!! lol...

Hey, little piece of advice, put the factory GT500 mud/splash guards on the rear, not only do they look awesome, they keep all that **** off of your rear quarter, especially when you do a "BAKE" show / "burnout". Make sure to get them from Ford Dealer, dont use aftermarket ones!!
Trust me on this one, its a must do mod and its cheap and saves your paint and you barely know they are there, they come stock on GT500's so if you want to see a set on a car, just go check out a GT500!!

Mike S
Old 11-07-2012, 09:32 PM
txA&M08

I'll check that out

PM sent
Old 11-08-2012, 11:52 AM
mikesanto70

Copied my own quote, so I'm re-doing it!!! lol...

Mike S

See all the crap on your rear quarter behind the tire and the rest of the quarter is clean, those flaps will keep all that stuff and the armour all from being flinged onto your paint "especially white paint" from the centrifical force of the tire rotating at high speeds!! Also, if you do put tire dressing on it, rub it into the tire really good w/ cloth rag/old socks and that will help too, I see these guys soak their tires and wonder why they have **** all over their clean car after 1 day!! But White loves to attract tire dressing so rub it in good and get the GT500 mud guards
Old 11-08-2012, 11:54 AM
mikesanto70

295/30 is harder to find from my experience, otherwise that's what I would've done. There's a small business here in Houston that buys secondhand patched tires from the local Porsche dealerships, so they always have sets of 295/35/20 PS2s readily available. They're original applications pulled off of 911s where I presume the owner either didn't want to run on a patched tire or the original was replaced under road hazard warranty and sold off. $370 a pair with 9/10-10/10 tread left!

Here are a couple:

****, I did it again and copied my own reply , so he it is again.

See all the crap on your rear quarter behind the tire and the rest of the quarter is clean, those flaps will keep all that stuff and the armour all from being flinged onto your paint "especially white paint" from the centrifical force of the tire rotating at high speeds!! Also, if you do put tire dressing on it, rub it into the tire really good w/ cloth rag/old socks and that will help too, I see these guys soak their tires and wonder why they have **** all over their clean car after 1 day!! But White loves to attract tire dressing so rub it in good and get the GT500 mud guards
Old 11-21-2012, 10:26 AM
StangingAround
1st Gear Member

Interested in this shop as well (message me please). I have the exact same wheel specs as yours and I'm digging the setup. You say you rub though which kind of concerns me. I'm wondering if I should go with the invo in that size since they run a little smaller?
Old 11-23-2012, 12:27 PM
mikesanto70

Originally Posted by StangingAround
Interested in this shop as well (message me please). I have the exact same wheel specs as yours and I'm digging the setup. You say you rub though which kind of concerns me. I'm wondering if I should go with the invo in that size since they run a little smaller?

Go with the 295/30/20, you will have rubbing issues otherwise and there are plenty of people making that size, you just have to look, Toyo just came out with new tires in that size, General makes one, Michilin makes one, Pirrelli makes one, Continental, Vredestein, Just have to look my son!! The 295/30/20 is the PERFECT size for a 20x10 rim, PERIOD!!! even on lowered cars, mine is droped 1 1/2 in. front and rear with Eibach springs

I'm trying these next, they are supposed to be the **** and last a LONG time

TOYO PROXES 4 PLUS 295/30R20XL 101Y BSW (this is a new tire for 2012)
Old 11-23-2012, 05:58 PM
StangingAround
1st Gear Member

Go with the 295/30/20, you will have rubbing issues otherwise and there are plenty of people making that size, you just have to look, Toyo just came out with new tires in that size, General makes one, Michilin makes one, Pirrelli makes one, Continental, Vredestein, Just have to look my son!! The 295/30/20 is the PERFECT size for a 20x10 rim, PERIOD!!! even on lowered cars, mine is droped 1 1/2 in. front and rear with Eibach springs

I'm trying these next, they are supposed to be the **** and last a LONG time

TOYO PROXES 4 PLUS 295/30R20XL 101Y BSW (this is a new tire for 2012)
I actually decided to go with the 295/35/20 (nitto invo) in the rear as I heard they run smaller than most other brands. I will be lowered on the eibach pro kit and after reading for many hours I've come to the conclusion that they should fit no problem. I'm just worried about the should part. LULZ.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:44 AM
mikesanto70

let me know how the fit and if they rub
Old 11-26-2012, 01:01 PM
StangingAround
1st Gear Member

let me know how the fit and if they rub
I actually chickened out and went with 275/35/20. FAIL.

Quick Reply: 20x10 Rims and Wheels.