Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Exhaust Ideas?

Old 02-28-2012, 08:22 PM
Pete's GT

Default Exhaust Ideas?

I have a stock '05 GT. I have been looking around and listening to different axle back exhaust setups and trying to get the input from some other with experience. I really like the sound of the Pypes Pype Bombs. Any suggestions?
Old 02-28-2012, 08:36 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Pypes The Beast Super System... FTW...
Old 02-28-2012, 08:55 PM
HxCGuitars
3rd Gear Member

I love my Pype Bombs, if that helps your decision at all.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:06 PM
Pete's GT

Ya I like the idea of how loud they are, while still sounding good. And the fact that its inexpensive and don't have to get a tune or anything extreme like that.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:46 PM
Heavy Metal Thunder

the problem with straight pipes is that if you decide to upgrade to an off road midpipe it won't sound good and will be obnoxiously loud and not in a good way. I would get a chambered muffler with a good deep tone and when you upgrade the rest of your exhaust later on it will only get better. Notice that you very rarely see someone running long tubes and/or cams withe straight pipes. imo the best sounding axlebacks are stingers, macs, and magnapacks.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:33 AM
BlackGT45th
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Heavy Metal Thunder
the problem with straight pipes is that if you decide to upgrade to an off road midpipe it won't sound good and will be obnoxiously loud and not in a good way. I would get a chambered muffler with a good deep tone and when you upgrade the rest of your exhaust later on it will only get better. Notice that you very rarely see someone running long tubes and/or cams withe straight pipes. imo the best sounding axlebacks are stingers, macs, and magnapacks.
^ has the best sounding car I have ever heard.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:25 AM
Heavy Metal Thunder

Originally Posted by BlackGT45th
^ has the best sounding car I have ever heard.
Hey thanks man, I appreciate it. I went through over 10 exhaust setups before I was finally happy.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:39 AM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

Boomtube exhaust is my favorite for 05-10.. there is an exhaust thread floating around here somewhere with most different setups.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:19 PM
BlackGT45th
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Heavy Metal Thunder
Hey thanks man, I appreciate it. I went through over 10 exhaust setups before I was finally happy.
No problem man. It took a while but I think you found a winner lol.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:58 PM
ghunt
3rd Gear Member

Hell even with a catted midpipe the volume difference is pretty big between the stock H-pipe and an aftermarket high flow setup. With my MBRP axle backs, the sound went from "kinda loud" with the stock H-pipe to "holy crap loud" with the Magnaflow catted X pipe. I liked it, except at 6 AM when I was leaving for work. I just recently switched to an Aerochamber axle back, much more mellow sound, waiting to see how I like it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Exhaust Ideas?