Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > GT S197 General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 03-01-2012, 11:41 AM   #11
Acerbus 2.0
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008 Mustang GT/CS

Underdrive pullies, aluminum driveshaft, lightweight wheels, and surprisingly enough, I got better mileage when I added a cold air intake and tuning.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Acerbus 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:06 PM   #12
sofaking5.0
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ford Mustang GT
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=634997998 sofakindead

Wheel and tires? anybody had any luck from that?
sofaking5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:32 PM   #13
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

Vehicle: 2012 5.0 premuim

with reducing unsprung weight and freeing up wheel horsepower Im not convinced it will make a noticable difference on gas mileage. I saw no difference at all in MPG with UDPs and aluminum driveshaft on my 2007 GT. with my '07 i went from 3.31 gears to 4.10s and I gained about 3mpg in town, but lost an equal amount of highway. so i went to averaging around 17mpg.. i get better mileage in my 2012, but switching from the 3.15s to 4.10s I gained about 1mpg in town and lost 4mpg on the highway, so not as even.

The cost of doing the any of the mods mentioned wont be outweighed by the savings in gas. best bet is read on how to drive to save gas. slow acceleration, coast to a stop, every time you touch your brakes you are wasting gas... drafting (dangerous, wouldn't do as you have to be right up behind them to get it to work right) depending on how you drive now you can easily get 3-8mpg out of changing your driving style.

read a bit on hypermling.

Automatic, Steeda CAI, 4.10 gears, Boss Intake, BBR O/R X, Steeda Tune, M&H Drag Radials.
12.6@112mph (DA corrected 11.7@119mph)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpOnFire View Post
mishri created the universe
Mishri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:32 PM   #14
SSKILLER5.0
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Mustang GT

I personally like to see just how bad I can make my gas milage..

Loose is fast and on the edge of out of control...
2012 Mustang GT
Pypes catback super system, bbk x pipe, steeda cai, boss 302 intake, brenspeed 93 octane race tune. Steeda lower control arm upper control arm front and rear sway bars sport springs fays watts linkage system steeda shocks tri ax short shifter.
SSKILLER5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:55 PM   #15
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 06 GT, 06 Vert
Send a message via MSN to Young_Gun Send a message via Yahoo to Young_Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSKILLER5.0 View Post
I personally like to see just how bad I can make my gas milage..
Hehehehe, so do I.

Al Gore must hate me.

Black 06 GT 5 speed, CAI, tuned, various electronics, scoops, nothing special

Red 06 v6 Vert

Tungsten 2007 v6 - SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironh19 View Post
totally, if any animal hits my car, I will genocide that species. thats why there are no kids in my neighborhood now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabolical! View Post
It would be excellent on a presidential ballot: "None of the above. They're all idiots."
Young_Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:02 PM   #16
Entaille
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Mustang GT

you don't mod for mpg and reap the benefits. check your tire pressures. shift early and shift often. don't brake. travel at 55mph. you have tons of options for driving habits to help increase mpg but that's about it.

if 4$/gallon gas is a concern or even a surprise to you, you're in the wrong car. it's going to get higher, too.
Entaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:07 PM   #17
adj86
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Mustang GT
adj86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young_Gun View Post
Hehehehe, so do I.

Al Gore must hate me.
Hell yes. I've been trying to find a decal that says "Powered by fossil fuel". That oughta make a lot of environmentally folks pretty happy.

2005 Mineral Grey Mustang GT (auto)
JLT CAI w/ SCT SF3 Tuner, Pypes Mid Muffler System, Boost Brothers Long Tube Headers, Thunderbolt High Flow Cats.
adj86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:20 PM   #18
Calgt08
1st Gear Member

The left foot delete is good for about 4 MPG . Drive with your right foot only or get scooter, mods for MPG are worthless. Spend 200 for a extra MPG, where I the break even point?
Calgt08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:25 PM   #19
Calgt08
1st Gear Member

The left foot delete is good for about 4 MPG . Drive with your right foot only or get scooter, mods for MPG are worthless. Spend 200 for a extra MPG, where I the break even point?
Calgt08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:40 PM   #20
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 06 GT, 06 Vert
Send a message via MSN to Young_Gun Send a message via Yahoo to Young_Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by adj86 View Post
Hell yes. I've been trying to find a decal that says "Powered by fossil fuel". That oughta make a lot of environmentally folks pretty happy.
I want one that says "Burning liberals' hopes and dreams as fast as mechanically possible."

Black 06 GT 5 speed, CAI, tuned, various electronics, scoops, nothing special

Red 06 v6 Vert

Tungsten 2007 v6 - SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironh19 View Post
totally, if any animal hits my car, I will genocide that species. thats why there are no kids in my neighborhood now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabolical! View Post
It would be excellent on a presidential ballot: "None of the above. They're all idiots."
Young_Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:40 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2012, adding, cj, cobra, extreme, gains, gas, gt, increase, mileage, mod, modding, modifications, mods, mpg, mustang, parts, svt, whats