Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Flowmaster 40 series

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 01:34 PM
sbradle4
2nd Gear Member

Default Flowmaster 40 series

Just had Flowmaster 40 series mufflers put on my 2010 GT. Did a lot of research, and everyone had their own opinions on which system sounds good. Well, here's my .02: These mufflers sound amazing, there's some drone, but not unbearable. Just had the mufflers welded in, left the stock tailpipes and stock catted h-pipe. I think it sounds great, I will NOT have an x-pipe put in after everything I have read say they sound like poo.
Old 03-17-2012, 02:34 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

o/r h my man.. Got any vids??
Old 03-17-2012, 03:12 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

I bet it sounds awesome. If you were to go catless I think the drone would be too much. Good choice.
Old 03-17-2012, 06:19 PM
SSKILLER5.0
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by sbradle4
Just had Flowmaster 40 series mufflers put on my 2010 GT. Did a lot of research, and everyone had their own opinions on which system sounds good. Well, here's my .02: These mufflers sound amazing, there's some drone, but not unbearable. Just had the mufflers welded in, left the stock tailpipes and stock catted h-pipe. I think it sounds great, I will NOT have an x-pipe put in after everything I have read say they sound like poo.
X pipes don't sound like poo..just depends on what type of sound you are looking for. They do have a more "nascar" sound than a deep rumble so its all what you are into. You should listen to cars with them. Reading about sound is difficult..(that was a joke)
Old 03-17-2012, 07:29 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SSKILLER5.0
X pipes don't sound like poo..just depends on what type of sound you are looking for. They do have a more "nascar" sound than a deep rumble so its all what you are into. You should listen to cars with them. Reading about sound is difficult..(that was a joke)
but isn't that what we want??
Old 03-18-2012, 12:25 AM
SON OF 68
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by sbradle4
Good choice in y opinion. That's what I went with and it sounds awesome. I get drone on the highway, but since I added the 3.73, it took the drone away from all my cruise speeds. So basically, no drone Can't wait to hear it with headers and cams!! And I also retained the factory cats and H.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:45 AM
SSKILLER5.0
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Soldier GT
but isn't that what we want??
I'm sure I'm retarded but not quite sure what you mean..
Old 03-18-2012, 01:01 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

I'm sure I'm retarded but not quite sure what you mean..

In the post above I highlighted deep rumble... I think most guys would like the deep rumble sound more than the Nascar (raspy sound)..
Old 03-18-2012, 05:59 PM
SSKILLER5.0
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Soldier GT
In the post above I highlighted deep rumble... I think most guys would like the deep rumble sound more than the Nascar (raspy sound)..
All I was saying was that it is a personal choice for sound. No not everyone wants the deeper rumble sound. There are a lot of people that run the new 5.0 with an x-pipe; its actually quite common. I am sure they don't think their exhaust sounds like crap. Thus as I said its just a personal choice.
Old 03-18-2012, 06:00 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

All I was saying was that it is a personal choice for sound. No not everyone wants the deeper rumble sound. There are a lot of people that run the new 5.0 with an x-pipe; its actually quite common. I am sure they don't think their exhaust sounds like crap. Thus as I said its just a personal choice.
Ok my man..

Quick Reply: Flowmaster 40 series