Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > GT S197 General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 03-23-2012, 04:51 PM   #1
Rain
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2009 Mustang GT Coupe
Default First Performance Mod Arrived Today!

Based on many opinions read on this fine board, I placed my order through AmericanMuscle.com last Thursday, and it arrived today:

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

I'm pretty excited to get it set up, and will have the CAI installed and custom tune loaded on Tuesday.

I'll give a quick report then.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

Appearance Mods: Red Lloyd Floor Mats, Wheelskins Eurotone Black/Red Wheel Cover, Red Trim Bright Accents, Shorty Antenna, 18" Matte Black Deep Dish Bullit Rims, Nitto NT555 (9's in front, 10's in rear)

Performance Mods: Airaid CAI w/ BAMA 91 Race Tune, more to come...
Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 04:53 PM   #2
speedycpu
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Mustang GT
Send a message via ICQ to speedycpu Send a message via AIM to speedycpu Send a message via MSN to speedycpu Send a message via Yahoo to speedycpu Send a message via Skype™ to speedycpu

I remember when I put on the Steeda CAI and Bamatunes 93P tune, people weren't kidding when they said it will really wake up the car. I have this odd feeling you won't be disappointed.

Future: Ceramic long tube headers w/ catted X-pipe, Boss 302 intake manifold, BBK 90mm TB, electric water pump.

Far future: Roush supercharger, looking for 650rwhp+

Rest in peace: Tungsten Grey 06 Mustang GT 5 speed manual w/ lots of mods. Gone but never forgotten!
speedycpu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:07 PM   #3
Rain
1st Gear Member

Unfortunately, in Maine only 91 octane is available, so I'll try loading the Race tune first. If I don't like it, I'll try the Performance tune. My guess is the Race tune will be fun.

Appearance Mods: Red Lloyd Floor Mats, Wheelskins Eurotone Black/Red Wheel Cover, Red Trim Bright Accents, Shorty Antenna, 18" Matte Black Deep Dish Bullit Rims, Nitto NT555 (9's in front, 10's in rear)

Old 03-24-2012, 08:05 AM   #4
Calgt08
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008 Mustang GT/CS

We have 92 octane here and the 93 tune pinged under heavy load. The 91 octane tune is fine.
Calgt08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 06:39 AM   #5
scottw2010
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2010 Mustang GT

Enjoy. Post pics once you put it in this weekend.

Sig too large. 250px X 500px max. Admin
scottw2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:58 AM   #6
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ford Mustang GT
Sleeper_GT

congrats!!
Sleeper_GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:57 AM   #7
iceguyb14
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ford Mustang GT
jeffb1230
Send a message via AIM to iceguyb14

You'll definitely love it. On the street I generally like the performance tune the most. The race tune has great throttle response, but does make it easier to spin and honestly at the track it was slightly slower than my performance tune (with similar 60' times, my mph was about 0.5-1 mph off). The street tune is also great. I use that as an economy tune with 87 octane and it still has better performance than stock.
iceguyb14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 04:19 PM   #8
lawrencecar1
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 07, Ford GT

why tuesday ??????????????????????????????
Roush M90 SC w/2.49 pulley, KB BAP, Roush CB, Hurst ss, FRPP cams, FRPP 62mm TB, Helo 20" wheels, FRPP 4.10's, BBK headers, Kicker/Shelby 8" subs, Cadence amps, Optima red top, full body kit, STB, JLT oil separators ps/ds, Cross drilled/slotted rotors, aluminum DS, Eibach struts,shocks, FRPP springs, Eibach sway bar kit, BMR panhard bar/brace, BMR LCA's, SS brake/clutch lines, GlowShift gauges, Shelby RSB/trans cooler, JLT brake cooling kit, Exedy stage 1 clutch/Flywheel
lawrencecar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 06:24 PM   #9
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 GT
Send a message via AIM to Nuke Send a message via Yahoo to Nuke Send a message via Skype™ to Nuke

Even with your tank filled with the 91 octane, I suggest you load the 87 tune (if you ordered one with the three tunes) and see how that feels first by doing an "aggressive" drive, then step up in octane and repeat the drive. You'll be surprised at not just the performance differences but the characteristics of each tune. They DO vary, in some cases significantly. My 93 tune is a beast if I'm running hard in the upper RPM range but a bit of dog driving easy around town. My 89 tune suits my style of driving and is loaded about 95% of the time.
07 GT Prem: Alloy, MT, 3.55's, Steeda CAI w/Brenspeed tunes, FRPP Stingers, 275/40/18 Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S on SVT Cobras (OE GT500's), 14" shorty, Wheelskin side scoops & qtr window louvers, A-H rear window louvers, SHR honeycomb blackout panel, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
06 V6: Legend Lime, Pony Package, 14" shorty, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:08 AM   #10
Rain
1st Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrencecar1 View Post
why tuesday ??????????????????????????????
It's the first chance I'll have time to spend with it and take it for a drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceguyb14 View Post
The race tune has great throttle response, but does make it easier to spin and honestly at the track it was slightly slower than my performance tune (with similar 60' times, my mph was about 0.5-1 mph off).
That's interesting the performance tune was faster. We'll see what happens tomorrow!

Thanks for the input, everyone.

Old 03-26-2012, 11:08 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2006, 2013, arrived, buy, exhaust, ford, gt, mod, modding, modifications, mods, mustang, pilot, s197, tips