Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > GT S197 General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 04-03-2012, 02:39 PM   #1
atconec

Vehicle: 07, Ford, Mustang GT
Default Daily Driver

I have a completely stock 2007GT. I am considering the following modifications to the car. Cat Back Exhaust, Cold Air Intake, Enlarged Throttle Body, and OBD Tuner. Can I define one of the tunes for performance, one for everyday driving, and one for fuel economy?
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
atconec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 03:47 PM   #2
jdmcbride
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008 Mustang GT

Save some money and don't bother with the throttle body mod. They are usually more trouble than they are worth and are not necessary for lightly modified cars.

08 GT Premium, Manual, 3.55s, HIDs, IUP, Premeir Trim, Amb Light
Appearance: HID Fogs, Smoked Fogs & Signals, 14" Ant, Black Mirror Caps, Sequentials, GT500 Spoiler & Rear Bumper
Steeda: UDPs, CMDPs, HD Motor Mounts, HD Strut Mounts, Tri-Ax Shifter, Alum DS, Billet LCAs, CAI w/CF Elbow
Other: Detroit Rockers, JBA Shorty Headers, Catch Can, Flow ATs, Koni STR.Ts, GT500 18" F/19" R Wheels, Brenspeed 93 Tune, Ethanol-Free Gas
jdmcbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:38 PM   #3
Rylay
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006,Ford,Mustang GT
RYLAY

as far as the tune question goes; yes you can have 3 different tunes in an sct tuner from BAMA/American muscle. I'm not entirely sure about other companies but I'm sure they offer multiple tunes. I know a lot of us on here have bama tunes on our cars but I can never really convince myself to use the street tunes...

Performance: JLT Series 3 CAI, Pypes mms cat-back and BAMA tuned.
Appearance: Motegi mr116 wheels, tinted tails sidemarkers and front turn signals, blue LED map lights, Honeycomb rear decklid, Matte black hash marks, Cropped my antennae to 14", Meter4it chase tail lights, mustang 3rd brake light, tinted windows, red painted calipers.
Rylay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:46 PM   #4
SSKILLER5.0
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Mustang GT

Jd is right..the throttle body is best when you go forced induction..I use breenspeed and they offer all three as well..I think if I could use my "street" tune for a coffee table I would because thats about how much use its gotten..

Loose is fast and on the edge of out of control...
2012 Mustang GT
Pypes catback super system, bbk x pipe, steeda cai, boss 302 intake, brenspeed 93 octane race tune. Steeda lower control arm upper control arm front and rear sway bars sport springs fays watts linkage system steeda shocks tri ax short shifter.
SSKILLER5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:03 PM   #5
SteedaBrandon
Premium Sponsor

Vehicle: n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by atconec View Post
I have a completely stock 2007GT. I am considering the following modifications to the car. Cat Back Exhaust, Cold Air Intake, Enlarged Throttle Body, and OBD Tuner. Can I define one of the tunes for performance, one for everyday driving, and one for fuel economy?
What is the purpose for your vehicle? Daily-driver, street-only, street/track, track-only? If track, what kind of track? (drag? autocross? etc.)
SteedaBrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:09 PM   #6
gtthunder

Vehicle: 2011 Mustang GT
David Dunn

Throttle body is waste of money. I used the Brenspeed tune on my 05 and loved how changed the car. Better throttle response, more power and torque.
2011 GT, Brembo, Steeda CAI, Jon Lund tune, SSW Headers, custom 3" MRT exhaust, JBA Competion Mufflers, Barton Shifter, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, BMR LCA, Steeda Spyder Wheels, Nitto Invo , GT500 rear diffuser, rear spoiler, Roush Billet Grill and side splitters. Boss lower front fascia.
gtthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:35 PM   #7
atconec

Vehicle: 07, Ford, Mustang GT

Thanks for all the helpful information. I think that this ol'man will avoid the performance enhancement and inevitable tickets/insurance premiums and just buy a louder exhaust to further irritate my wife and neighbors.
atconec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:35 PM   #8
mrangryface

Vehicle: 2012, Ford, GT Mustang

Living in Western WA, I try to avoid discussions about fuel economy- i'd always lose that fight.

I blame the prius going slow in front of me. ARGHH
mrangryface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:56 PM   #9
okbfd
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Shelby GT500

From another old fart......get the CAI/SCT......it makes a very nice difference in the way it will drive.

4.10s, Watts Link
okbfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:44 PM   #10
outceltj
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007, Mustang Gt

Get brenspeed tunes. They have the best customer service on this forum. They can hook u up with whatever your needs r
Detroit Rocker Cams, 410's, Saleen Supercharger, afco dual heat exchanger, TCI torque convertor, stage 3 saleen supercharger, dual gt500 fuel pumps, SS Brake Lines, and Power Slot rotors, LCAS, Koni Adjustables, alpine touch screen, PA deep tranny pan, fluidyne radiator, dynotech DS

B302 added3/31/14
11.216 at 123.42MPH
60ft-1.558
Stroked & Blown
outceltj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:44 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2006, 2012, 95, bmr, daily, day, drive, driver, ford, gt, headers, kind, lca, mustang, shorty, track