Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

2012 5.0 Lights up on flames parked outside! WTF FORD!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 10:02 PM
6spd5.0

Default 2012 5.0 Lights up on flames parked outside! WTF FORD!

So i got woken up at 4:45am last night with the fire dept and chief and also the police dept banging on my door. When i opened the door they asked if i was the owner of the red 5.0 outside and i said yes, after that, they just straight up said my car was on fire. When i literally ran naked outside i find my car straight **** burned to the floor basically. Pieces of my baby was straight melted on the ****ing floor and still are. Thank god the car had 1mi till empty if not i imagine what could of happened, knowing that my neighbor has 3 babies under 6yr of age with her, single mother, that isn't even the problem, wtf really did happen here? The fire chief said that hes aware of GT's catching on fire but has never seen a 2012 catch on fire. Mods where a JLT CAI, Lund tune, and a lethal O/R X.

Pics are being uploaded......
Old 05-06-2012, 10:03 PM
6spd5.0

BEFORE

AFTER

Originally Posted by ModTechRacing
Wow man!! Did you have a stereo systems put in the car? I haven't heard of these mustangs just going up like that.
Nope, only mods were the ones listed above, John Lund tuned, O/R X and JLT CAI.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:05 PM
6spd5.0

6 Pages on the whole issue here, seems like Mustangs are still lighting up on flames all over the US.

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83341
Old 05-06-2012, 10:12 PM
This guy
2nd Gear Member

What??? This a common thing?
BTW really sorry about your car, is it all covered by insurance? Or what?
Old 05-06-2012, 10:19 PM
06_footy
2nd Gear Member

That should be covered. That's beyond weird that it just burst into flames. Are you sure you didn't **** someone off?
Old 05-06-2012, 10:26 PM
6spd5.0

Originally Posted by 06_footy
That should be covered. That's beyond weird that it just burst into flames. Are you sure you didn't **** someone off?
Other incidents...

http://www.mustangheaven.com/2011/eb...ith-900-miles/

https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...ing-it-40.html

And over at s197 forums a females 5.0 recently caught on flames also, shes currently still fighting it with FORD. Also these...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUbkk...layer_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxfmE...layer_embedded

Insurance shouldn't have to pay for this, i shouldn't have to make a claim just to get this paid for when it looks to me like a manufacture defect, im just waiting on the fire chief tomorrow to confirm this to me in writing. But im not stopping here, i will knock on fords ***** with numerous lawyers if i have to, i just didn't spend 34k on a car for it to on day explode out in front of my house threatening everything around it like a god damn bomb or some ****. This is ridic!
Old 05-06-2012, 10:28 PM
6spd5.0

Originally Posted by 06_footy
I just recently moved to a new city for school as im a med student, and no i didn't **** anyone or anything off, plus this **** just doesn't happen. No one is going to blow up no ones car out in front of their apartment just because they got pissed off, come on now.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:41 PM
This guy
2nd Gear Member

That's actually crazy, Had no idea it was a common problem. GL with all the insurance stuff and let us know how it goes!
Old 05-06-2012, 11:28 PM
Ditty
2nd Gear Member

This is the first time I've heard of this. I feel that even if remotely a REAL problem like in the early Fieros, this is an embellishment of the issue like in the 6MTs.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:25 AM
06_footy
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 6spd5.0
I just recently moved to a new city for school as im a med student, and no i didn't **** anyone or anything off, plus this **** just doesn't happen. No one is going to blow up no ones car out in front of their apartment just because they got pissed off, come on now.
I wish I could say I hope no one would be as low of a person to do such a thing. But in this day and age, common sense isn't so common. And stranger things has happen. Just check your local news for such ignorance.

I agree though about fighting it and getting what is owed to you. This is the first time I've heard of it. That's why I asked. Hope you didn't take offense to it. As you shouldn't. Hopefully it goes smooth for you. This isn't something that's going to fix itself overnight. If you got GAP when you purchased this vehicle. Then it will relieve some stress off your back.

Quick Reply: 2012 5.0 Lights up on flames parked outside! WTF FORD!