Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > GT S197 General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 05-11-2012, 10:27 AM   #1
kevilay
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008 mustang gt
Kevin Lay kevilay
Default Torque Converter + 4.10 Gears

Hey guys I was planning on putting a high stall torque converter and 4.10 gears on my car. I plan to hit the strip about once a year (maybe twice). This car is also my daily driver, is this going to be very hard on my engine?
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Old 05-11-2012, 12:12 PM   #2
outceltj
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007, Mustang Gt

Nope not at all. The torque convertor is a mod that doesn't get mentioned enough. Hell I have a saleen,410s and torque convertor. It's the best mod I have done. I suggest a tranny catch can from jdm as they are the only ones that sell this. Ur torque convertor will heat up the fluid then the fluid drips onto the bell housing. Y ford did this who knows. Easy install

I highly suggest a torqu convertor for that low end and power band all through the shifts.
Detroit Rocker Cams, 410's, Saleen Supercharger, afco dual heat exchanger, TCI torque convertor, stage 3 saleen supercharger, dual gt500 fuel pumps, SS Brake Lines, and Power Slot rotors, LCAS, Koni Adjustables, alpine touch screen, PA deep tranny pan, fluidyne radiator, dynotech DS

B302 added3/31/14
11.216 at 123.42MPH
60ft-1.558
Stroked & Blown
outceltj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:48 PM   #3
kevilay
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008 mustang gt
Kevin Lay kevilay

Quote:
Originally Posted by outceltj View Post
Nope not at all. The torque convertor is a mod that doesn't get mentioned enough. Hell I have a saleen,410s and torque convertor. It's the best mod I have done. I suggest a tranny catch can from jdm as they are the only ones that sell this. Ur torque convertor will heat up the fluid then the fluid drips onto the bell housing. Y ford did this who knows. Easy install

I highly suggest a torqu convertor for that low end and power band all through the shifts.
I have not decided on a brand yet, or how high of stall for that matter. If you have any suggestions that would be good.

I thought with the 4.10s and torque your motor would be reving higher all the time?
Old 05-12-2012, 01:46 AM   #4
outceltj
4th Gear Member

It doesn't keep ur Rpms real high at all ur just on the power band when driving hard or even in town driving. With the Saleen it was a bit jumpy at first but I have gotten use to it now and it drives fine. I'd suggest a 3000 or 3200. I have a TCI. Some guys don't like them here but I do all my dealings through brenspeed and they haven't any problems with them on their cars or customer cars. So I don't know if TCI gets a bad rep from people doin there own installs or what. But mine is great.
Detroit Rocker Cams, 410's, Saleen Supercharger, afco dual heat exchanger, TCI torque convertor, stage 3 saleen supercharger, dual gt500 fuel pumps, SS Brake Lines, and Power Slot rotors, LCAS, Koni Adjustables, alpine touch screen, PA deep tranny pan, fluidyne radiator, dynotech DS

B302 added3/31/14
11.216 at 123.42MPH
60ft-1.558
Stroked & Blown
Old 05-12-2012, 02:21 AM   #5
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Mustang GT

This will prolly be my next gofast mod. Damn car will be too fast though so I am not rushing to do this. LOL

06 Satin Silver GT - Auto...ROUSH M90 CAI, Afco Dual Fan HE, 4.10s,Truetrac, Detroit Rockers, Moroso, DSS DS, TCI Rachet Shifter, PA Deep Pan, Eibach Handling, FR P Springs, Strange Shocks/Struts, J&M UCA/LCA, SS Lines/ EBC Slotted/Dimpled Rotors w/Reds, Mickey Thompson SC5, Nitto 255/305, 2011 leather, Pypes LT's/H-Pipe, MBRP Resonators, Borla

2014 Pro Street 12.90 Class...Season Points Runner Up
808muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:17 PM   #6
outceltj
4th Gear Member

Yep especially if ur racing that sportsman class

B302 added3/31/14
11.216 at 123.42MPH
60ft-1.558
Stroked & Blown
Old 05-13-2012, 12:47 AM   #7
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Mustang GT

Yeah I would be screwed. LOL I would have to race the 11.90 bracket. Talk about tough competition. Those fast guys go their cars dialed in to the 100's of a second.

06 Satin Silver GT - Auto...ROUSH M90 CAI, Afco Dual Fan HE, 4.10s,Truetrac, Detroit Rockers, Moroso, DSS DS, TCI Rachet Shifter, PA Deep Pan, Eibach Handling, FR P Springs, Strange Shocks/Struts, J&M UCA/LCA, SS Lines/ EBC Slotted/Dimpled Rotors w/Reds, Mickey Thompson SC5, Nitto 255/305, 2011 leather, Pypes LT's/H-Pipe, MBRP Resonators, Borla

2014 Pro Street 12.90 Class...Season Points Runner Up
808muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:29 AM   #8
SpartaPerformance
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 Ford Mustang GT
Spartaperformance

For a street car I'd say a nice converter and 4.10 would be a great way to increase the fun factor. 2800 - 3000 stall should work nicely.
SpartaPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:29 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
40, 410, cam, converter, cost, gears, good, gt, mustang, put, ram, s197, signs, stall, torque, v6