Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

2013 Boss 302 or Gt with track pack and recaros

Old 06-20-2012, 08:57 AM
Robhops5.0

Talking 2013 Boss 302 or Gt with track pack and recaros

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum, and would like advice from any and all. For my first sports car, and a daily driver which of these would you recommend? 2013 Boss 302 or Gt with track pack and recaros. I can afford either, I work from home so miles are not a problem, I do plan to track it and take driving classes, and do cannon ball runs(when i learn how to drive it properly). I also surf and mountain bike so the car will have to be used to lug stuff around. I do not plan to do 1/4 mile racing, as i like sccca, autocross, and road racing more.

My hesitation is this, resale value, and getting more car then i can handle. I have driven m3s, steeda mustangs, audi s4s, corvettes, and I used to own a 10 second 1972 corolla nitroused out. But have never owned a personal sports car.

I hope that is enough info about what I am thinking. Please give me your input on why I should get one or the other. I do not want to know which one is better/worse in general, just what would be a good car for me to learn and grow into. Thank you to all!
Old 06-20-2012, 10:38 AM
Robhops5.0

Also hope I did this right, this is the first forum ive ever been a part of. Again thank you to anyone who can help!
Old 06-20-2012, 12:48 PM
Doyon
3rd Gear Member

It really shouldn't be more car than what you can handle, as always use common sense when driving (dont go WOT on it in turns ect ect). I started to drive 500RWHP + cars when I was 16, and there was no working my way up to them. I don't know anything about the resale value.

And Welcome to MF!
Old 06-20-2012, 01:57 PM
Robhops5.0

Doyon, thank you for reply, yes part of me knows I can handle it if I work slowly. 500+ at 16 I would have killed myself!! Lol I know on resale ill take a beating on gt just curious on the boss
Old 06-20-2012, 02:12 PM
teepee542
2nd Gear Member

Welcome, I would think the 302 would hold it's value better since it is less common. That saif either one would be awsome.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:16 PM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Robhops5.0
I do plan to track it and take driving classes, and do cannon ball runs(when i learn how to drive it properly). I do not plan to do 1/4 mile racing, as i like sccca, autocross, and road racing more.
Based on these statement I would say Boss because Ford built the car for road racing. Resale will always be there also because the low production numbers compared to the standard GT. both will have the same storage capacity so that doesnt even matter in this case.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:25 PM
Robhops5.0

Welcome, I would think the 302 would hold it's value better since it is less common. That saif either one would be awsome.
Ty, either would be awesome! Im very happy they brought the 5.0 back!

Based on these statement I would say Boss because Ford built the car for road racing. Resale will always be there also because the low production numbers compared to the standard GT. both will have the same storage capacity so that doesnt even matter in this case.
Do you think the gt with track package will still do well in road racing? ty
Old 06-20-2012, 02:38 PM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Robhops5.0
Do you think the gt with track package will still do well in road racing? ty
A base model GT would do well in road racing, but I know the boss was 100% specifically made for the twisties whereas the track pack is an add on to an existing car. I dont know enough about the pack to say ho good it is.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:48 PM
Robhops5.0

I guess I am on the fence because I feel I can have just as much fun with the gt as I could with the boss. I could also modify gt to make it my own. But the boss calls my name lol
Old 06-20-2012, 02:54 PM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Im sure if you spent the money you save from buying a base GT on upgrading the suspension you could probably handle better than the Boss also. THe only real nice thing about the boss is Ford did all the homework and labor for you.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2013 Boss 302 or Gt with track pack and recaros