Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

My New Mustang came to me with 413 miles, how can I tell where it was shipped to?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 08:47 PM
Slappy3243
1st Gear Member

Question My New Mustang came to me with 413 miles, how can I tell where it was shipped to?

As the title reads, my car came with 413 miles. Is there anyway I can track which dealer my vehicle was shipped to? They said they had to drive to their lot since it wasn't on premise. I want to make sure that most of the miles were from the actual drive, and not accumulated from many test drives. Let me know. Thanks!
Old 07-05-2012, 11:03 PM
steel pony
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Slappy3243
As the title reads, my car came with 413 miles. Is there anyway I can track which dealer my vehicle was shipped to? They said they had to drive to their lot since it wasn't on premise. I want to make sure that most of the miles were from the actual drive, and not accumulated from many test drives. Let me know. Thanks!
well, if the dealer is worth their salt then they would tell you. I would also hope that they told you or you demanded that the warranty didn't start til 413 miles since that is when you took delivery,

It's possible you may be able to find that info from pulling your VIN# online?
Old 07-05-2012, 11:09 PM
Slappy3243
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the post. Does anybody know of a way to track which dealer a certain VIN was delivered to?
Old 07-05-2012, 11:13 PM
Cobrakev
3rd Gear Member

No need. The window sticker will have the dealer location that it was shipped too in the lower part of the sticker. This will be the first dealership it was sent to.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:44 PM
2007bluestang
4th Gear Member

I'd make them build me another. You didn't pay for a car with 413 miles you paid for one with like 5
Old 07-06-2012, 12:03 AM
steel pony
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2007bluestang
I'd make them build me another. You didn't pay for a car with 413 miles you paid for one with like 5
sounds like he took delivery from dealer stock (or they located one) vs. pre-ordering it.
if this were the case i would have been pretty strict up front, demanding mileage from the purchasing dealer prior to and for it to be transported, not driven to your dealer
Old 07-07-2012, 05:45 PM
merc64
1st Gear Member

In all the paperwork you went through with the dealer "prior" to signing the papers there should have been a form stating vehicle mileage. If you signed off on that why the worry now? Not trying to be a smart azz but just wondering why you took delivery of the car? I wouldn't worry about the mileage, you won't even be thinking about it 20k miles from now.
Old 07-07-2012, 06:00 PM
Slappy3243
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2007bluestang
It's not a deal breaker to me, I just want to know how the miles were put on the car. Were they test drive miles, or just a single trip to relocate the car?
Old 07-07-2012, 06:03 PM
Slappy3243
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by steel pony
sounds like he took delivery from dealer stock (or they located one) vs. pre-ordering it.
if this were the case i would have been pretty strict up front, demanding mileage from the purchasing dealer prior to and for it to be transported, not driven to your dealer
The car was actually a custom order from a customer who backed out. That is why I have the rare spoiler delete option and the 3.73's. I didn't know the car was driven from another dealer, or I would have asked about the mileage.
Old 07-07-2012, 06:13 PM
Slappy3243
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by merc64
In all the paperwork you went through with the dealer "prior" to signing the papers there should have been a form stating vehicle mileage. If you signed off on that why the worry now? Not trying to be a smart azz but just wondering why you took delivery of the car? I wouldn't worry about the mileage, you won't even be thinking about it 20k miles from now.
I went through all of the paperwork. There is no mention of the mileage anywhere. Maybe your state is different, but the only time mileage was addressed whatsoever was the "estimated mileage" for titling. The dealers standard practice was to put 50 miles there. The dealer had no idea of the mileage really was. Obviously, since I bought the car new, I wasn't expecting the mileage, so I was surprised to see it.

It is probably better that they drove it up than put it back on a trailer. They hire retired guys looking to make some money on the side to drive the cars, so I don't think it was beat on at this point.

You are right that I will soon forget about the mileage, especially now that I know where it came from.

It was driven up from Indian Trail, NC.

Quick Reply: My New Mustang came to me with 413 miles, how can I tell where it was shipped to?