Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > GT S197 General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 08-14-2012, 07:58 AM   #1
2007torchred

Vehicle: 2007 mustang gt
Default Next mod

Hey guys i have an Auto 07 GT with K&N intake, brenspeed tune, o/x H pipe flowmaster axleback and 4.10 gears..what do you guys think i should do for my next mod..any answers are appreciated thanks
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
2007torchred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:03 AM   #2
Chevy Convert
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: '05 GT

Lcas or one piece driveshaft....
White '05 GT: Flow AT's, MRT Catted H Pipe, JLT2 CAI, Brenspeed 91 tune, Steeda UDPs, FRPP 4.10's, Coast Alum DS, Hurst Shifter, BMR LCA's, Pan Hard rod/brace, rear sway bar, DS Loop, CHE K Mmbr brace w/ torque limiters, Summit COP's, 20% tint
Chevy Convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:28 AM   #3
2007torchred

just got the car back yesterday from the gear install..havent had the opportunity to get miles on it before i could really get into it..is traction going to be a big issue for me?
Old 08-14-2012, 09:08 AM   #4
08caliGT
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 08 ford gt
http://www.facebook.com/thekr4k3n

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007torchred View Post
just got the car back yesterday from the gear install..havent had the opportunity to get miles on it before i could really get into it..is traction going to be a big issue for me?
I have an auto and 4.10s. Traction? What is that? lol. Yea I would look into some new tires.
08caliGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:13 AM   #5
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008 GT Premium

Quote:
Isn't that something you have to tell us after you've found out one way or the other?

If you treat the throttle like a light switch, either off or full-on, it will be. But if you take the time to develop a little better "feel" for when traction is about to go away on you, it won't have to be.

Norm

'95 626/V6/5MT (still in the family but not at this address)
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:17 AM   #6
Beersnob5150
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Mustang GT

What do you want to ultimately do with the car? Modding the car with no real goal in mind is pretty much wasting money and could be detrimental to your overall goal.

Also, what's your budget? How much you can and are willing to spend is going to be a big factor in what your next step is.
Beersnob5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:36 AM   #7
2007torchred

basically i just want a decent 12sec car..i rarely drive the car..maybe 2k a year..i dont wanna go forced induction with this car..the car should be close to 12s now the way it is just looking for opinions
Old 08-14-2012, 09:41 AM   #8
Chevy Convert
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: '05 GT

The stock lcas are a joke...for any type of performance driving...they are cheap and take a hour to install
White '05 GT: Flow AT's, MRT Catted H Pipe, JLT2 CAI, Brenspeed 91 tune, Steeda UDPs, FRPP 4.10's, Coast Alum DS, Hurst Shifter, BMR LCA's, Pan Hard rod/brace, rear sway bar, DS Loop, CHE K Mmbr brace w/ torque limiters, Summit COP's, 20% tint
Chevy Convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:11 PM   #9
08caliGT
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 08 ford gt
http://www.facebook.com/thekr4k3n

Quote:
basically i just want a decent 12sec car..i rarely drive the car..maybe 2k a year..i dont wanna go forced induction with this car..the car should be close to 12s now the way it is just looking for opinions
I've seen videos of a high 12 with intake, tune, radials, 4.10s. I have frpp cams instead of radials and traction from a dig is nonexistent. I wish I had some tires, I'd be gettin it. haha I wanna do the suspension work as well but for now its just a DD. I wanna see it at the track soon.
08caliGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:23 PM   #10
outceltj
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007, Mustang Gt

U need a torque convertor and then get some MTs. U will love it. Torque convertor will make ur car a whole new animal
Detroit Rocker Cams, 410's, Saleen Supercharger, afco dual heat exchanger, TCI torque convertor, stage 3 saleen supercharger, dual gt500 fuel pumps, SS Brake Lines, and Power Slot rotors, LCAS, Koni Adjustables, alpine touch screen, PA deep tranny pan, fluidyne radiator, dynotech DS

B302 added3/31/14
11.216 at 123.42MPH
60ft-1.558
Stroked & Blown
outceltj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:23 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement