Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Second messed up order. PLEASE HELP

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 01:45 PM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JonnyW
Lol I love the whole "DONT WORRY GUYS I'M GOIN PJ" and you all freak out. I haven't completed my PAST, but I've been training everyday for the past 7 months. I test myself on the PAST (under my own supervision) once a week and I'm just getting my times down from where they stand.
I'm 5'11" @ 182lbs
500M Swim- 9:03
1.5 Run- 8:07
Pushups in 2 mins- 124
Pullups/chinups- 31
Situps in 2 mins- 167
Scored 88 on my ASVAB, passes MEPS
Get E3 right off the bat because of my GPA and a few college credits I have.

I can swim back and forth underwater with a single breath too
I've talked with my parents about it and my dad said he would take care of the storage and payments because he understands what I'm doing, but I'd much rather pay for it myself if I'm able to.
Lol, ok big guy.. Decent numbers but you'll be about average with everyone else during indoc alone.. Just fair warning... you should prepare to fail and then what? You have car that's costing you more than a quarter of your paycheck every month.. If you make it good for you, if you don't though you need to have a plan. I wouldn't worry so much about getting my PAST times down either.. Endurance is where it's at and being able to last.. Not trying to talk you down, for all means go for it, but you shouldn't be carring about anything else right now but the next year of hell you're going to face to earn that beret.. Especially a car.
Old 09-08-2012, 01:55 PM
CMcNam
3rd Gear Member

Lol I love the whole "DONT WORRY GUYS I'M GOIN PJ" and you all freak out. I haven't completed my PAST, but I've been training everyday for the past 7 months. I test myself on the PAST (under my own supervision) once a week and I'm just getting my times down from where they stand.
I'm 5'11" @ 182lbs
500M Swim- 9:03
1.5 Run- 8:07
Pushups in 2 mins- 124
Pullups/chinups- 31
Situps in 2 mins- 167
Scored 88 on my ASVAB, passes MEPS
Get E3 right off the bat because of my GPA and a few college credits I have.

I can swim back and forth underwater with a single breath too
I've talked with my parents about it and my dad said he would take care of the storage and payments because he understands what I'm doing, but I'd much rather pay for it myself if I'm able to.
Yeah, it's not like we're already in the Air Force or anything, so what do we know right?
Old 09-08-2012, 04:49 PM
foolio2k4
3rd Gear Member

wait for the 2015.
Old 09-08-2012, 05:49 PM
SpartaPerformance
4th Gear Member

14's will be exact same thing as 13's. The new stang is for 15 for 50th anniv. If the seats are the only problem why don't they just order a set of seats and swap them out if it's their **** up two times.
Old 09-08-2012, 06:39 PM
yourmyboybh1026
3rd Gear Member

Well, I'm not going to tell you what to do but here is my experience:

I bought a 2009 right before I PCSed to Italy (in 2009). The payment was affordable, and the insurance in the US wasn't bad. When I got to Italy though, insurance was over $400. So if you go overseas, be prepared. While everyone was out traveling around, sometimes I had to chill since insurance and everything was about $800 a month. Luckily I didn't have kids or anything like that. While it was manageable, it still sucked. The only thing that saved me was a year long deployment. I was able to pay off the car then.

So if I had to do it all over again, and knew I was going to deploy for a year I would. Since the wars are winding down, and the deployments are getting shorter, I wouldn't. I would have waited.

Also, like others have said, don't count that $20k bonus as money in the bank yet. PJ is VERY hard. I have a few friends who tried it, one made it, several didn't. Just make sure you go in there in shape, mentally tough, and be ready to suck for a long time. Embrace the suck as they say.

Good luck
Old 09-10-2012, 03:16 AM
JonnyW
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TRexGAWD
Oh God, I just facepalmed myself.. I actually was encouraging you to buy it but now I don't know..

You realize that your chance of becoming a PJ are slim to none right (beret wearer myself).. If you do however get past indoc you will be in training for up to two years where you wont be making any extra money right away and you wont see a dime of your sign on bonus until you graduate, and that's a very big if.. Oh and you wont be driving your car everywhere. You still have to get through dive which is where most people wash over and over or just get booted. Then you get to go to some regular AF job (probably sec forces) where again you will have no sign on bonue or extra pay... If you want to be a PJ, trust me right now you need to be focusing on that and training. Hell you should even be running or taking a bike everywhere you have to go instead of using a car just to help you prepare a little more.. What were your PAST scores?..
TRexGAWD and all the other servicemen on this site, I thank you all for your service. I'm not trying to 1UP anyone in any way, shape, or form. I've talked with my parents and listened to all of you guys, and I'm going to be able to pay off the car before I leave for basic, and my insurance will stay at $148 a month.
I've decided that I'm going to go ahead with the car and if I can't afford it, I have a buddy of mine that'll take it off my hands for what I paid.

TRexGAWD, can you give me any tips on my preparation and how/what I should be doing for training?
Also, I'm 5'11" @ 175lbs. What's a good weight to be at going into training? I've already gained 15 extra pounds in muscle since the beginning of the summer.

And random question, I just watched the movie Act Of Valor again and shouldn't pararescuemen have taken on the first hostage recovery mission the SEALs were assigned? By everything I've read, researched, and head from, pararescuemen are trained for CSAR and MedEvac, but they receive similar combat training as SEALs receive. Is this tried and true?
Old 09-10-2012, 09:38 AM
yourmyboybh1026
3rd Gear Member

TRexGAWD and all the other servicemen on this site, I thank you all for your service. I'm not trying to 1UP anyone in any way, shape, or form. I've talked with my parents and listened to all of you guys, and I'm going to be able to pay off the car before I leave for basic, and my insurance will stay at $148 a month.
I've decided that I'm going to go ahead with the car and if I can't afford it, I have a buddy of mine that'll take it off my hands for what I paid.

TRexGAWD, can you give me any tips on my preparation and how/what I should be doing for training?
Also, I'm 5'11" @ 175lbs. What's a good weight to be at going into training? I've already gained 15 extra pounds in muscle since the beginning of the summer.

And random question, I just watched the movie Act Of Valor again and shouldn't pararescuemen have taken on the first hostage recovery mission the SEALs were assigned? By everything I've read, researched, and head from, pararescuemen are trained for CSAR and MedEvac, but they receive similar combat training as SEALs receive. Is this tried and true?
Wow if you can pay the car off before you leave I'd do it. I think the options you have on the car now are great and you'll like it.

Good luck with PJ.

As for your question, I'm not a PJ, but I have been around them a few times on deployment. PJs can attach to anyone like SEALs, CAG, SF, Rangers and all of those guys. There were several PJs in Mogadishu that weren't depicted in Black Hawk Down. They do receive some pretty high speed training so they can hold their own in a fight. They aren't made to assault a hostile objective to get a hostage out though. SEALs, CAG, maybe SF or Rangers would do that depending on how high up the food chain it needs to go. They might have a PJ with them to help out though. Either way, you are part of JSOC (correct me if I'm wrong), so you will do some pretty cool things.

Good luck.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:05 PM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

Sorry for giving you a hard time, I just hear a lot of people that want in and say that they'll have no problem making it.. blah blah blah..

I don't have a link to it right now but when I find it I'll throw it up on here for you.. Basically it's an actual Army SF created preperation workout.. that will smoke your *** and have you at the top of your physical game within a few months.. I wouldn't focus so much on gaining muscle as you'll start to lose speed and endurance with that.. Lucky for me I was pretty lean and fast, now I'm more solid (190-200lbs at 5'8").. You really want to focus on core strenght, being able to support 100+ pounds of equipment hours on end.. and being able to run and swim for hours and hours.. I'll say this though, the physical is nothing. Anyone can be trained and prepared physically and can get through any physical challenge that is presented... It's the mental game that will F with you. I can't give tips on how to prepare for that, it's just a trait that some have and some don't. You have to have the mental fortitude to not break down and quit.. Most failures came from quitting while the rest came from injuries (sometimes **** happens, what can you say).. You will be stressed to your limit mentally, and then pushed beyond that limit. Some people cried, some became angry and hostile, some just gave up all hope... It's kinda cheesy but real, but watch surviving the cut: pararescue, if you haven't already.

As for your other question, SEALS are trained to do a lot!.. So are PJs but either can do search and rescue. And the similarities are dive and egress.. There are so many branch offs that can happen.. CSAR is just one avenue.

Originally Posted by yourmyboybh1026
Wow if you can pay the car off before you leave I'd do it. I think the options you have on the car now are great and you'll like it.

Good luck with PJ.

As for your question, I'm not a PJ, but I have been around them a few times on deployment. PJs can attach to anyone like SEALs, CAG, SF, Rangers and all of those guys. There were several PJs in Mogadishu that weren't depicted in Black Hawk Down. They do receive some pretty high speed training so they can hold their own in a fight. They aren't made to assault a hostile objective to get a hostage out though. SEALs, CAG, maybe SF or Rangers would do that depending on how high up the food chain it needs to go. They might have a PJ with them to help out though. Either way, you are part of JSOC (correct me if I'm wrong), so you will do some pretty cool things.

Good luck.
Ehhhh, don't really attach to Rangers.. Rangers have a specific duty and sometimes will work alongside but that's about it.. The way it breaks down is all of those mentioned plus others will combine and work in a TF.. each compenent doing a specific job... And they actually were depicted in the movie, just gotta keep a careful eye on it (watch for the part inside the crashed helo where the guy is serving up a "cocktail", ha)... And depending on the path that is given you could be on an assault/security team. ST is along those lines and go through every training possible in CQB... But like you said, either way you will learn stuff that will never be learned elsewhere..
Old 09-14-2012, 11:13 PM
IcanDrive55
1st Gear Member

He's not listening CMcNam lol.....in his defense, I wouldn't have listened to you at 19 either but your words are wise.

I would also have said if you HAVE to have it, get what you wanted, not what is convenient for the dealer.
Old 09-15-2012, 09:11 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Thanks for the feedback again guys, but I'm still buying the car haha. I put down enough money on it to get $280 payments a month with $150 monthly insurance. I'm enlisting in Pararescue as well, so I think I started out making pretty good income. If not, I always have my $20,000 signing bonus to take care of the rest of the car.

Should I hold off until the 2014? :/ any drastic changes being made to the 2014s or what?
Enlisted in it but cant spell it.
Sad Sad day for the armed forces???
You had better wait and buy when you can pay for it.
19 - young dumb and full of c@&.

Is there not a www. army enlistment forum .com this discussion can be transferred to?

Quick Reply: Second messed up order. PLEASE HELP