Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

The modding has begun on my 2013 GT

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 09:05 AM
BigMech

Originally Posted by mojobama
I would recommend you get a JLT passenger side oil separator. Do it while the miles are low and you won't regret it. Do a search on this board and you will see how much oil is collected on the passenger side in just 1K miles I also have one on the drivers side but in over 2K miles not a drop in it so I don't think it's so necessary.
I have an oil separator on Charger R/T and it collects a silly amount of oil. I will have to look into this, thanks!
Old 11-12-2012, 01:17 PM
BigMech

Borla S-Type's finally showed up today!!!!! Not sure if I will get to install them this weekend, or wait for Thanksgiving weekend when I will have more free time.

BBK 85MM throttle body, JLT oil separator, black hood vents, and side marker tint got installed this weekend. I have a set of hood struts, but wanted an extra pair of hands to help before I attempted that, and my wife was out all weekend.

I don't have any decent pics of the hood vents, I'll try and get some this week.
Old 11-12-2012, 02:57 PM
a_lopez1975
4th Gear Member

How's everything going with the BBK Throttle Body?? I wanted to get it, but was detered from mixed reviews from various forums. Also, has your BBK throttle body thrown any codes?? I would really like to buy this product and you input would be appreciated. Thanks and nice set of mods!!
Old 11-12-2012, 03:11 PM
joe95 gt
2nd Gear Member

have fun with your modding, I am just starting over on my 5th stang, its a ball hard to let them go when the time comes
Old 11-12-2012, 09:27 PM
TommyV

Thanks, here are the latest pics.

Old 11-14-2012, 01:20 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Good choice for the first few bolt-ons. Are you getting the car tuned for the BBK TB adjustment? It's the best way to retain your drive-ability manners with an aftermarket TB. Plus, you'll gain a ton of power throughout the power band!

As, I think you're right about graphics on the grabber blue. I think some Gloss or even Matte black 12in stripes would look killer! Where you looking for more side decals, like on the Boss or different styled stripes?

Shane
Old 11-14-2012, 01:27 PM
xx10Gt
4th Gear Member

next maybe some gears? really wake that badass car up!
Old 11-15-2012, 10:37 AM
BigMech

I don't plan on putting in a tune for a little while. I've only had the BBK TB in there for a few days now, but I seems good so far. I haven't really got a chance to get on it hard yet, but for day to day driving, it seems well behaved. I haven't seen any codes and it runs great.

I'm thinking 10in matte black dual stripes, including the bumbers front and back. and I stripe just above the rocker on either side.

I've already got 3.73 gears with the track pack, so I don't think I want to go much taller than that.

I want/need wider tires on the back, but I've only got 4,800 miles on the p-zeros that came on it, so I will run those for another year before doing that. I ordered winter tires on the 19x9 boss 302 rims. What I may do, is get 2 - 19x10 boss 302 rims, and put 285/35/19's on those, and run the p-zero's up front on the 19x9 and swap the snow tires onto the stock track pack rims.
Old 11-17-2012, 02:23 PM
BigMech

Here is the first startup after I installed the exhaust. Sounds awesome now, like a Mustang should. My son has dubbed it "The Loudinator!"

Old 11-17-2012, 03:18 PM
BigMech

This is when I started it without the mufflers...

Quick Reply: The modding has begun on my 2013 GT