Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Heart Broken

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 07:49 PM
HKSkook
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by moosestang
I don't know, but I remember it was in the original tsb.
I seen it in the tsb as well but it doesn't make any sense to me I think I will just take the messed up one move it to the top and silicone them all in. Why pay 56 bucks for something some silicone can fix
Old 11-06-2012, 04:18 PM
HKSkook
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by NJ3
You need to be careful with the "hot glue" Ford replacements, you could damage the paint or windshield if not careful. BTW, I still had leaks after using the new Ford replacements so I used some Automotive Goop and finally solved my leaks.
http://www.amazon.com/Amazing-3-7-Ou.../dp/B000CCID28
I used the same stuff today with the old Plastic grommets. Thanks everyone for the help hope its over.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:38 AM
pinn
2nd Gear Member

I couldn't find Ford's crazy expensive TA-2 sealant so I used Eastwood's seam sealer on the 10 grommets and ran a bead along the weld seam that runs under the windshield. I haven't had a leak since.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:21 PM
HKSkook
1st Gear Member

Well I sealed the 10 plastic clips for the cowl and though my worries were over. Of course I'm not. I never got around to drying it the right way so today I took the seat out and pulled up the carpet a bit. The sound reducer was soaked so I was glad I did. While I had everything out I figured it would be a good time to do a water test. As soon as water was poured on it the car started to get water in it. It appears the water is running off the drivers side panel in front of the door. I cant see where it is coming from exatly. Gonna check the TSB again and try and figure it out. Here is a pic and is all I can see without removing anything else. Any help would be great. This is really starting to suck.
Name:  IMAG0266.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  187.5 KB
Old 11-15-2012, 09:22 PM
HKSkook
1st Gear Member

Also does anyone know a good place to get some sound barrier? I might as well order some while I have everything out.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:32 PM
HKSkook
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by HKSkook
Well I got to look at it in the light this morning and noticed the rubber on the cowl itself also has a hole in it. Took a pic do you think this should be replaced?
Does anyone think that the cowl not being sealed right could be the issue here? I'm not sure that could let the water in but I'm sure it dont help.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:34 PM
HKSkook
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by pinn
Yes, well known issue on the mustang resulting in water pooling up until it floods into the cabin.

Google TSB 07-14-6

1) Two Rubber grommets in firewall get plugged up with leaves, etc.
2) Foam seals around the 10 windshield cowl mounting tabs.
3) The entire windshield cowl welded seam at the top of the firewall under the windshield cowl.
4) Rubber grommets entering the cabin thru the firewall.
5) Rubber grommets in both doors where they attach to the car body.
How do I go about fixing 4 or 5?
I gotta figure this out what a PITA
Old 11-15-2012, 09:53 PM
HKSkook
1st Gear Member

If anyone is looking at the TSB on page 5, what is the grommet path? What comes in there. That seems to make the most sense. The door one I dont think would leak that much water and the one on the firewall wouldnt leave water where it is in my pic. So I feel it may be this grommet path on page 5. Also would my cowl seal being messed up cause this?
Old 11-16-2012, 07:43 AM
HKSkook
1st Gear Member

Ok well of course its been eating me alive so this morning I went back at it. Removed both cowls. In the cowl damn all the way to the right if standing in front of car it appears the corner of the damn is not sealed. I isolated the water to this point and once it warms up I am going to apply some GOOP. I hope this is it and hope everything I am going through may help someone else down the road.
Name:  IMAG0267.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  158.2 KB
Old 11-17-2012, 10:30 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Originally Posted by HKSkook
Anyway I searched this forum and the rest of the internet
to find that first you should check the 2 ruber gromets under the cowl.

https://mustangforums.com/forum/sear...archid=4116990
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
LEAK TSB08-26-07 water leak.pdf (282.3 KB, 32 views)

Last edited by 157dB; 11-17-2012 at 10:33 AM.

Quick Reply: Heart Broken