Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Steeda Strut Brace Installed

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 07:23 PM
mapitts
3rd Gear Member

Default Steeda Strut Brace Installed

Installed a Steeda strut tower brace. Much more sure footed in the front end. Never really new the front was as "wobbly" as it was. Just over bumps and turns it really seems to help in the way the front end stays together. Can't wait for a little time off to put it in some curves.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:47 PM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mapitts
Installed a Steeda strut tower brace. Much more sure footed in the front end. Never really new the front was as "wobbly" as it was. Just over bumps and turns it really seems to help in the way the front end stays together. Can't wait for a little time off to put it in some curves.

I have yet to install my SR STB, I'll have to get on that
Old 11-28-2012, 03:26 PM
mapitts
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by baddog671

I have yet to install my SR STB, I'll have to get on that
Will get a couple of pics up for you.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:09 AM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mapitts

Glad you're enjoying the Steeda STB. It's crazy how much of a difference any STB will make on a stock car. As you said, you never realize how sloppy the front end is until the STB is installed.

Enjoy the tighter suspension and practice those curvy turns!

Shane
Old 12-02-2012, 05:45 PM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

I haven't noticed a difference, and I have the SR STB installed. Maybe it is just me, and I am so used to the way a Mustang feels it just doesn't register.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:52 PM
tj@steeda
3rd Gear Member

Mapitts,

Appreciate the feedback. Glad to see your happy with your experience regarding the Steeda Strut Tower Brace.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=evFXexnQQE4

Our strut tower brace is made from high-strength chrome-moly steel and powder coated silver metallic. This easy-to-install bar will stiffen up the front end of your Mustang to improve vehicle handling.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 12-03-2012, 05:33 PM
mapitts
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by tj@steeda
Mapitts,

Appreciate the feedback. Glad to see your happy with your experience regarding the Steeda Strut Tower Brace.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=evFXexnQQE4

Our strut tower brace is made from high-strength chrome-moly steel and powder coated silver metallic. This easy-to-install bar will stiffen up the front end of your Mustang to improve vehicle handling.

Best Regards,

TJ
No problem! I have really noticed how much more firm the front end is now when I cross some railroad tracks diagonally going to and from work. Front end feels way more "solid" would be the word I would choose. Not as much twist in the front. Also tell Frank that I really appreciate the "thank you" cards!