Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

No more Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 06:22 PM
SLVRSTNG06
2nd Gear Member

yea def a total loss.. as long as your ok thats what matters most.
Old 12-08-2012, 06:23 PM
Tormentor
2nd Gear Member

Thanks Guys, I feel like crap or should I say like I was hit by a freight train today, that was one hell of a hard impact. My ribs hurt bad from the seat belt and my lower back just cant get comfortable, dont even want to walk or stand for long and the pain meds they gave me at the hospital arent cutting it.

On a side note I did go look at a few 2013 Gt's but damn it I had my car the way I wanted it less the silver stripes. Now I have to start all over again. At least I got my SCT Tuner out of the car today, Cold air kit is trashed though.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:13 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tormentor
The ABF truck behind me stayed with me to report the accident to the state troopers
Send that man a christmas card. Had he not done the right thing and stayed, it would have been very easy for the other driver to try to claim that you were at fault.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:02 PM
Tormentor
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Diabolical!
Send that man a christmas card. Had he not done the right thing and stayed, it would have been very easy for the other driver to try to claim that you were at fault.
I wish I could but they took me to the hospital before I could even talk to him, never got his name or anything. I will try and call the state trooper that took his statement to see if I can get his name and where he is from. Dont know if they will give the info out though.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:37 PM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

Your insurance company can get it for you. They will ask for his statement.

He definitely deserves a thank you note. Be careful with your back. From the looks of the pics it was hard impact.

In regards to whether the car is a totle loss or not, with multiple air bag deployments, it is a T/L.

Now since it is her fault it will be her insurance company who makes the call. Don't let them try to cut the front clip and repair it. Had an insurance company do that on my 2000 GT that had the K-rails bent nearly 90 degrees to the right.

They dumped almost $16,500 into fixing it, then ended up totaling it out when the struts slipped and cause the steering wheel to **** to the 10:00 angle.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:38 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

I don't know how it works up there, but down here the accident report has the names of any witnesses. Check when you get a copy of the report.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:02 PM
Tormentor
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Diabolical!
I don't know how it works up there, but down here the accident report has the names of any witnesses. Check when you get a copy of the report.
I have the accident report and it doesnt list witnesses.
All I know is that the state trooper came to the hospital and got my statement as to what happened and then he went to talk to the other driver for their statement. When he came back to my room he told me the truck driver described it exactly the way I did, I never talked the the truck driver but I am glad he stayed behind.
Now I am going to have to rent the most expensive vehicle I can find courtesy of the other drivers insurance company....lol
Old 12-08-2012, 10:40 PM
paulo
1st Gear Member

Glad you are ok. You will be sore for the next few days. Sad to see that happen to the car and I am sure it is totalled. Take care and recover fast.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:54 AM
Dawghouse
2nd Gear Member

Glad you're ok, sorry about the car.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:27 AM
theczar
2nd Gear Member

Glad you're ok.
When I totaled my '07 and was able to walk away with almost no injuries, i decided right then and there i was getting another mustang. hardest part for me was i had about 6 payments left on it too...

Quick Reply: No more Mustang