Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

No more Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 11:41 AM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Man that sux, but am very happy to know you are OK.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:09 PM
Tormentor
2nd Gear Member

Thanks everyone,
The wait is killing me, I want to be in a new mustang now but cant do anything until I find out what the insurance company is going to do.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:00 AM
Tormentor
2nd Gear Member

Today I got the call from my insurance company telling me my car is a total loss and the pay out is going to by just shy of $30,000. After they pay off the loan I will receive $6000.00 to put down on a 2013 model.
I still have to try and recoup the $3100 in aftermarket parts myself. Not happy about that.
They gave me 2 options:
1st is to go through my insurance company for the payout and they will go after the other persons insurance to recoup their loss
2nd is for me to call the other drivers insurance company and open up a claim with them.

Now I have to decide which route to take.

I don't want to lose out because of this bad situation caused by the other drivers negligence.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:05 AM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Be polite and persistent. Give both a shot and keep at it until they make you whole.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:18 AM
Tormentor
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by siggyfreud
Be polite and persistent. Give both a shot and keep at it until they make you whole.
I just talked with my insurance agents office and they told me to talk to my agent on Monday because he would have pull with the company to get reimbursed for the aftermarket parts and what recourse to take (go through State Farm or other drivers insurance)
We will see what happens Monday
Old 12-15-2012, 12:08 PM
sbradle4
2nd Gear Member

Oh man. I'm glad you're ok. Don't worry, it will all work out one way or another. Can't wait to see what you get to replace the 2012. Seeing your pictures of your car make me realize just how safe these cars are.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:33 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

The car and the mods are important but jeezus dude those are some nasty pictures.......I am glad to see you are ok and walked away from that. None of it matters if your dead or in a wheelchair.

This thread brings up an interesting point. I always thought the mods we install are basically not recognized by the insurance company. Are they covered somehow?
Old 12-15-2012, 12:57 PM
Tormentor
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 808muscle
The car and the mods are important but jeezus dude those are some nasty pictures.......I am glad to see you are ok and walked away from that. None of it matters if your dead or in a wheelchair.

This thread brings up an interesting point. I always thought the mods we install are basically not recognized by the insurance company. Are they covered somehow?
As my insurance agent told me today, some could reduce the value of the car but being that I changed the basic GT Premium to have the appearance of the California Special with a GT500 rear spoiler who knows.
I also had tinted windows, quarter window scoops, Roush Side Spliters and the Steeda Cold Air Kit and tuner.
My agent will be able to tell me more on Monday.
Old 12-15-2012, 01:05 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

Dude, that SUCKS!!! Cars can be replaced... glad you're okay!
Old 12-15-2012, 05:24 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tormentor
Today I got the call from my insurance company telling me my car is a total loss and the pay out is going to by just shy of $30,000. After they pay off the loan I will receive $6000.00 to put down on a 2013 model.
I still have to try and recoup the $3100 in aftermarket parts myself. Not happy about that.
They gave me 2 options:
1st is to go through my insurance company for the payout and they will go after the other persons insurance to recoup their loss
2nd is for me to call the other drivers insurance company and open up a claim with them.

Now I have to decide which route to take.

I don't want to lose out because of this bad situation caused by the other drivers negligence.
You'd be better off claiming it under your insurance and let them go after the other insurance company. Without a lawyer doing the talking for you, the other company is going to tell you to pound sand.

Quick Reply: No more Mustang