Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Steeda CAI and BAMA tune

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 09:16 PM
sbradle4
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mapitts
You can datalog while you are running to the store to get 6 weeks worth of bread and milk since it is supposed to snow.
If you only knew how much people freak out here over a single snowflake...
Old 02-01-2013, 08:27 AM
sbradle4
2nd Gear Member

Well, driving it around this morning, the RPMs when coasting drop from about 1400 to 900, then back up and down over and over... I don't think it's supposed to be doing this... Did this with all the other diablosport bama tunes....
Old 02-01-2013, 09:40 AM
dcarlinf1
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by V8ORNOTHING
Return it to the tuner as the other guy suggested, and as for your car becoming a beast from just a good tune and and a descent CAI, I think alot of guys would agree with me that you mispoke on that one. It takes a hell of alot more for your car to be a beast than those 2 simple mods you added friend. What year and model is you mustang? And what are your overall mods and vision for the car? When I can see these stats then We can detemine what you can produce on the dyno, until then lets keep that pep in your step down until you really invest into that stang like myself and some real playas that have shed blood for their mustangs, LITERALLY. 15-20 HP max is what you have achieved with your tune and CAI and you better hope your man pushed that tune to the max. Youve got a long ways to go.
Zero value added to this thread, LITERALLY
Old 02-01-2013, 03:53 PM
mapitts
3rd Gear Member

Don't you just wish that these types would ring your door bell and tell that to your face? I would roll him back out to the street with his front teeth knocked out. He would be trying to ban door bells because that would have been the last thing he remembered.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:28 PM
sbradle4
2nd Gear Member

Ok, update. I disconnected the battery for half an hour, let it idle for 10 minutes with no a/c. Then turned on a/c and let it idle for another five. Finally took it from one end of the city to the other, and it has sorted itself out. So I guess it needed to relearn the idle. This revision seems to be pretty good now... Hopefully.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:09 PM
sbradle4
2nd Gear Member

Well, after driving for a few days, hoping that things would settle/learn; and thinking that the had.... I am still having the RPM surge and drop issue while coasting. I guess I have to get a datalog to American Muscle / Bama, because they have told me previously that the tune should be good. I guess my car is an anomaly.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:08 PM
d.pride

All this is good info i am thinking about getting sct tunes from AM . This is one case, is there any good response's of this same tune that sbradle4 has . Anyone have this same product and tune that has has no problems long term? Thanks all info is appreciated
Old 02-10-2013, 05:18 PM
sbradle4
2nd Gear Member

I don't know that anyone would have the same tuning product. I was one of the first people to receive the DiabloSport InTune (from AM at least.)

Overall their customer service has been great, but the tunes have just not been quite right, after three revisions on top of the original, I am now receiving a full refund.

On a positive note, I've found through this whole process that even if you don't get the results you expect, American Muscle will do what they can to make you happy, even if it is to the expense of themselves.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:59 PM
sbradle4
2nd Gear Member

Alrighty. FINAL update. I now have a Steeda tune and a functional SCT/X3 tuner. Car is running great! No RPM fluctuations, nice firm shifts, faster acceleration, and just runs all-around solid! Thanks TJ and Steeda!