Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

2013 GT is 2 weeks old and already in for Service!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 06:01 AM
slickman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Diabolical!
Yeah, mustangs suck.
I'm with ya, I would never buy one. lol, Just kidding...
Old 01-10-2013, 06:50 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

I'm really sorry to hear about all your issues....I hope they get can get them resolved for you in a timely manner, considering it's a brand new car and all!
Old 01-10-2013, 07:43 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Diabolical!
Yeah, mustangs suck.
LOL!

Concern 1: Rattles/ buzzes, clicks, pops are probably a service managers worst nightmare. If it ain't doing it while driving, then get over it or find it yourself. Really, you'd be better off and find it faster if it bothers you that much. They are likely to tear it apart, never find it and make it worse. It will also probably fall under the normal for this vehicle route. Even mercedes, bmw, etc., have complaints of dash rattles.

Concern 2: So you have to pull the door handle twice for it to open? That is something simple I'm sure and rare.

Concern 3: Water and sand are a fickle bitch! If there's a way in, water will find it. This should be an easy fix. There are only so many places it could retain water.

These are imperfect machines, built by even less perfect people. Be glad you didn't buy an Aston Martin vantage!

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/a...r-rattles.html
Old 01-10-2013, 08:21 AM
Jayme

Thanks for the kind/supporting words guys! The car is at the dealership body shop getting the leak traced down.. the Service Writer thinks it may be a body seam seal that wasnt properly sealed, so thats body shop territory. I'd really hate to Lemon Law this car, i really do love it! I just hope it gets fixed! (tomorrow will be the 5th day its been in) He said they fixed the rattle ( had to re adjust the exhaust system ) and The handle is fixed also. I'll update you guys when I get any information. Again, thanks so much fot the kind words and support!
Old 01-10-2013, 02:44 PM
potman
3rd Gear Member

Good luck with it Jayme. I know I'd be steamed if I spent that much and it wasnt' right.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:24 PM
04mineralgreyGT
4th Gear Member

It's a possibility that it was wrecked on a test drive and sold as new, hence the water retention. The local Chevy stealership did a Malibu like that recently. Shady practices to make a few bucks.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:18 PM
03gt04mach1
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jayme
Thanks for the kind/supporting words guys! The car is at the dealership body shop getting the leak traced down.. the Service Writer thinks it may be a body seam seal that wasnt properly sealed, so thats body shop territory. I'd really hate to Lemon Law this car, i really do love it! I just hope it gets fixed! (tomorrow will be the 5th day its been in) He said they fixed the rattle ( had to re adjust the exhaust system ) and The handle is fixed also. I'll update you guys when I get any information. Again, thanks so much fot the kind words and support!
I believe the Lemon Law applies to the safety of the vehicle only, if I'm not mistaken.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:47 AM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 03gt04mach1
I believe the Lemon Law applies to the safety of the vehicle only, if I'm not mistaken.
Not in CA, and probably most everywhere else, it applies to any single issue has to be repaired more than 3 times.
Usually the first time they do the cheap fix and try to find the problem and only replaced the cause of the problem, bring it back for the same issue because the first fix didn't work or they didn't fix the problem and only a symptom, and they get serious replacing large assemblies of anything that could possibly cause the issue. Ford and the dealer don't want to see it back a third time because that's when the customer starts lemon procedures. And prorated value of the car (for lemon purposes) is based on the first time the issue is reported.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:38 AM
Jayme

Hey guys,
I got the car back last night, all seems well (it hasn't rained yet either...so, i cant be sure on the leak) There is still a slight rattle on the undercarriage still, but I'm trying to live with that. If it gets any more noticeable I wont hesitate to take it back.

The Findings:

Water Leak / Water Retention:
A weatherstrip wasnt properly "bradded" into place and let rain water funnel into the body. They subleted the job to thier body shop and re-bradded it and sealed it. While they were at it, they also checked the drivers side as well and found nothing. So far so good, but like I said, It hasnt rained.

Undercarriage Rattle:
Re-adjusted the exhaust system and I was told to drive it over the weekend and see if its fixed. Its not. But its alot better.

Drivers Door Handle:
The lock was replaced due to binding. That issue is 100% taken care of.

Thanks so much for all the kind words, I really appreciated them!
Old 01-12-2013, 10:39 AM
Dawghouse
2nd Gear Member

Good to hear everything worked out alright. One thing that can take care of a rattle could be time for a new axelback a little noise will take care of that for ya.

Quick Reply: 2013 GT is 2 weeks old and already in for Service!