Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

PLEASE HELP! My stang got jacked up on the rear K-Member - HOW BAD IS IT???

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 04:35 PM
Maine-iac
1st Gear Member

Default PLEASE HELP! My stang got jacked up on the rear K-Member - HOW BAD IS IT???

A buddy of mine placed the lift arms under my '06 GT today and we we put the car in the air to work on the exhaust. When I got under there I quickly notices the front lift arms were placed under the rear k-Member - right where the two bolts are on the rear. I freaked out and lowered the car to the ground and re-lifeted on the correct frame spot. The "box" areas under the rear of the k-Member definely pushed up a little on both sides.

HOW BAD IS THIS? Can it be fixed or does it even need to be fixed?
Old 01-12-2013, 04:41 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Maine-iac
A buddy of mine placed the lift arms under my '06 GT today and we we put the car in the air to work on the exhaust. When I got under there I quickly notices the front lift arms were placed under the rear k-Member - right where the two bolts are on the rear. I freaked out and lowered the car to the ground and re-lifeted on the correct frame spot. The "box" areas under the rear of the k-Member definely pushed up a little on both sides.

HOW BAD IS THIS? Can it be fixed or does it even need to be fixed?
Are you sure the metal is pushed up? I've supported the car before by the kmember in that same spot. Even if it did get pushed up as you said, I don't think it will hurt anything.

Now on to something important. Where can I see a full size pic of your avatar?
Old 01-12-2013, 04:49 PM
Maine-iac
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by moosestang
Are you sure the metal is pushed up? I've supported the car before by the kmember in that same spot. Even if it did get pushed up as you said, I don't think it will hurt anything.

Yep - it's pushed up for sure had another mustang there to compare it to. Nor really severe, but pushed up a little
Old 01-12-2013, 05:01 PM
Maine-iac
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by moosestang

You're welcome...
Attached Thumbnails PLEASE HELP! My stang got jacked up on the rear K-Member - HOW BAD IS IT???-normal_16771img_0228_edited.jpg  
Old 01-12-2013, 06:23 PM
FrostByte
5th Gear Member

OH MY
Old 01-12-2013, 08:14 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Can you post pics? I've supported my car from various places all over the K-member before and haven't had problems.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:42 AM
Maine-iac
1st Gear Member

Default Pics

Here are some pics - but it's hard to show - much more noticeable in person.
Attached Thumbnails PLEASE HELP! My stang got jacked up on the rear K-Member - HOW BAD IS IT???-iphone-011313-855.jpg   PLEASE HELP! My stang got jacked up on the rear K-Member - HOW BAD IS IT???-iphone-011313-856.jpg   PLEASE HELP! My stang got jacked up on the rear K-Member - HOW BAD IS IT???-iphone-011313-857.jpg   PLEASE HELP! My stang got jacked up on the rear K-Member - HOW BAD IS IT???-iphone-011313-858.jpg   PLEASE HELP! My stang got jacked up on the rear K-Member - HOW BAD IS IT???-iphone-011313-859.jpg  

Old 01-13-2013, 08:57 AM
duckbubbles
2nd Gear Member

The K-member is integral in setting your wheel alignment. Check that, if it's good, it's your decision to replace it or not. No harm- no foul. If you have a wreck, it will probably fold up easier.

Frank
Old 01-13-2013, 09:02 AM
Maine-iac
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by duckbubbles
The K-member is integral in setting your wheel alignment. Check that, if it's good, it's your decision to replace it or not. No harm- no foul. If you have a wreck, it will probably fold up easier.

Frank
I would if I could - but I can't move the car until spring. I have a ton of mods planned for the winter. If this is really bad, it may change my plans. I can't be the first to have this happen - someone must have been through this to know if jacking on this area causes any issues. Don't know how the slight cave-in I got could ever be fixed. I have caster/camber plates - will that allow the car to be properly aligned if the alignment got thown off a little bit?
Old 01-13-2013, 04:51 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Your pictures are terrible! I can't tell much from those, but here's mine. I'm pretty sure it's always looked like this.

Quick Reply: PLEASE HELP! My stang got jacked up on the rear K-Member - HOW BAD IS IT???