Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

frpp cam cover install

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 02:31 PM
07GrabU
2nd Gear Member

I have the black ones. Kinda goes with my grabber orange and black theme. If you don't want chrome and the blue doesn't mesh with your color scheme, my vote is black
Old 02-11-2013, 05:35 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

The blue would look great with a white engine bay. Even with a blue car they pop out at you.

Cleaned it up some. Started it up and didn't see any leaks. It actually sounded quieter, not sure that's possible. It's going to take some elbow grease to get all the dirt stains off the black plastic pieces. I just used soap and water this time.

It's a shame that the whipple intake covers up so much of the drivers side cover. My front cover is permanently stained with dirt.

It needs more red and I really need to do something about the whipple intake tube. my sticker fell off 5 years ago!
Old 02-11-2013, 08:20 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

just put some decals over the dirt. seriously it looks great and don't sweat the small stuff. if you need more summit stickers i will get them in the mail.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:37 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by hammeron
just put some decals over the dirt. seriously it looks great and don't sweat the small stuff. if you need more summit stickers i will get them in the mail.
LOL! I have a draw full of summit stickers, jegs sticker, whipple stickers, you name it and I probably have a sticker for it.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:08 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by moosestang
LOL! I have a draw full of summit stickers, jegs sticker, whipple stickers, you name it and I probably have a sticker for it.
Mine all end up on the water heater in my garage. I swear, I have the fastest water heater on the planet. Other water heaters wouldn't even dare rev on it at a red light.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:43 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Whipple doesn't make the oval sticker anymore, so I'm not sure what to do with the raised oval spot on the intake tube.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:30 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Yeah, mine didn't come with that. You could always remove the tube and have it hydrodipped or properly painted.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:57 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Diabolical!
Yeah, mine didn't come with that. You could always remove the tube and have it hydrodipped or properly painted.
I could paint it, but the raised oval will still be there. I've been looking for a flat ford logo that I could bend and stick on, but I'm not having much luck.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:48 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

If you could accurately measure the oval somehow you might be able to get something custom made. Would look good if you had access to a plastic riveter.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:52 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

The oval is 4.5x2 inch. It doesn't have to fit perfect. Anything oval shaped that will cover it will do. the problem is the curve of the tube. I tried a standard ford emblem off the tailgate of a ford ranger. It didn't like me trying to curve it. billetbadges.com will make you anything you want, for a price.

Quick Reply: frpp cam cover install