Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

offroad xpipe

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 04:41 AM
KC2086

Default offroad xpipe

Just got a 2013 mustang gt premium a few months ago and ive been looking into some mods lately. I just purchased an Araid CAI and need to find a good x-pipe to go with my magnaflow competition catback. I have been looking at the magnaflow offroad tru-x x-pipe and the lethal performance offroad xpipe. I cant really tell what the main difference between the two would be other than the Lethal one being a once piece pipe and the magnaflow comes with detachable downpipes. Is there a big difference in quality of sound/performance. I am looking for an xpipe that is somewhat deep sounding without extreme raspiness. Cost is not an issue and i dont care how loud it is =).
Old 03-11-2013, 05:48 AM
sammm
1st Gear Member

Check the 5.0 Tech Sections.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:05 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

welcome & congrats

As long as it's a off-road x-pipe, and bolts up correctly to the exhaust you're currently running correctly, they should be pretty much the same.

Have you checked out AmericanMuscle.com? Below is a link, and it appears they carry what you're talking about for the 11-12 GT's....you should find out if it works for the 13, or if it's different and they can get you what they need.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/2010-mustang-xpipe.html

AmericanMuscle is a sponsor of this area (New Member Area)....they'll definitely take care of you.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:36 AM
xx10Gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by KC2086
Just got a 2013 mustang gt premium a few months ago and ive been looking into some mods lately. I just purchased an Araid CAI and need to find a good x-pipe to go with my magnaflow competition catback. I have been looking at the magnaflow offroad tru-x x-pipe and the lethal performance offroad xpipe. I cant really tell what the main difference between the two would be other than the Lethal one being a once piece pipe and the magnaflow comes with detachable downpipes. Is there a big difference in quality of sound/performance. I am looking for an xpipe that is somewhat deep sounding without extreme raspiness. Cost is not an issue and i dont care how loud it is =).
Well first off, make sure your state does not emission check and allows you to run off road pipes. You say you dont want raspiness, but o/r pipes make it quite a bit more raspy than running cats. Not only that, an x pipe is known for a higher rasp sound, while an h pipe is a lower muscle car rumble. Would you consider maybe an o/r h? Or high flow cats if you cant run an o/r pipe?

By the way, im not swaying you away from o/r, because if i could do it i would in a heart beat. Just saying it may be raspy, but im sure it depends on the cat back.
Woah, long post. Lol
Old 03-12-2013, 01:55 AM
jd_sanchez21

hello everyone
im new to this and i cant figure out how to make my own new post can someone please help me
thanks,
james
Old 03-12-2013, 01:56 AM
jd_sanchez21

hello everyone
im new to this and i cant figure out how to make my own new post can someone please help me
thanks,
james
Old 03-12-2013, 05:21 AM
KC2086

i know Xpipes tend to be a little raspy im just trying to figure out which of the two xpipes would sound better with my exhaust. I have the magnaflow catback exhaust 15150 with no x-pipe currently and an airaid CAI. With the lethal x-pipe it will sound like this
. with the magnaflow x pipe it sounds like this
. What im mainly wondering is if magnaflows claim to a "tru-x" pipe really makes that much of a difference in sound/performance?
Old 03-12-2013, 05:58 AM
xx10Gt
4th Gear Member

honestly if youre running o/r i dont think it would matter. Both are just straight pipes and same diamater. i couldnt see it being that much difference. When you get into cats i can probably see a difference due to the different materials in the cats im thinking
Old 03-12-2013, 07:08 AM
Stainless Works
Former Sponsor

In Stock.....

Stainless Works Part No. M11ORX

Ford Mustang GT 2011+ X-Pipes - Stainless steel X-pipe to connect/replace factory H-Pipe. Off-road version connects to manifolds to replace factory h-pipe and catalytic converters. Standard X-pipe meets factory cats. Easy bolt on installation to add great power to your car!

Paul G.
Stainless Works
(800) 878-3635
Old 03-12-2013, 11:41 AM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

If cost is no option go for SW long tubes. You will get more power and volume than an o/r x or h pipe can provide on its own. I don't have any rasp but I have cats and gt500 axlebacks. Heres a vid of MBRP catback and catted LT setup.
Hypermotiveperformance.com

Quick Reply: offroad xpipe