Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

My new (probably) 06 Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 09:20 PM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

I always wondered what the aux button was for... glad to know it doesnt do anything... guess I can wire that to an ejector seat haha.

that recall may have been for the Ebrake. the early models had an issue with the boots on the ebrake cables rusting causing the E-brake cables to sieze and thus the rear brakes drag...

some also I think had an issue with the radio drawing from the battery if you leave the radio "on" when you shut the car off....

did they ever fix that? either way just turn the radio off when you shut the car off and you are good. the charging system in these cars is kind of weak, but my OE battery lasted 8 years so couldnt have been that awful....

Last edited by Shelty; 03-20-2013 at 09:23 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:41 PM
JimC

Originally Posted by E_cox310
I bought a 2006 GT Premium a couple years back and the Aux cord was in the center console.
Originally Posted by E_cox310
I meant to say glove box. My aux chord came out of there
It was an aftermarket add on - wasn't an option even on the 2006.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:58 PM
mustangspotential
2nd Gear Member

Also...and I can't believe I hadn't noticed this until now... this is a GT without a hood scoop, did that not come factory on these models? I know it did on the 99-04's.

I'm usually VERY attentive to things like this on cars because I'm a car guy..must have got caught up in everything.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:03 PM
E_cox310
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustangspotential
Also...and I can't believe I hadn't noticed this until now... this is a GT without a hood scoop, did that not come factory on these models? I know it did on the 99-04's.

I'm usually VERY attentive to things like this on cars because I'm a car guy..must have got caught up in everything.
There is no hood scoop on that year... which is a good thing. The hood scoops are not functional. If you like nonfunctional hood scoops, they sell them at American muscle for like 100 i believe
Old 03-21-2013, 06:25 PM
JFitz
2nd Gear Member

GT/CS had them. Optional. You'll see them occasionally.

Or you can cut a hole in your hood and get a shaker intake.

Personally I hear screaming whenever someone talks about drilling or cutting into body panels and factory paint.

After awhile it fades to the occasional mutter.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:07 PM
mustangspotential
2nd Gear Member

No no, it's fine. I think the hood scoops on these models look a little goofy anyway.

Anyway, picking up the car tomorrow afternoon!!

Will post pics up soon. Thanks for all the help guys. I will be asking more questions I'm sure.
Old 03-23-2013, 03:37 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Sounds like a fair price to me. My 06 has never leaked so you are probably good there since there are no signs of a leak yet. If its an auto then a cai and Brenspeed tune will be a huge upgrade when you start the modding.

I love my fake scoop!
Old 03-23-2013, 07:35 PM
BAB GT
2nd Gear Member

I think you are paying a fair price. I get a lot of comments on my red leather interior. Hope you had them change the plugs. If not, check the posts and get the Lisle tool before you attempt it on your own. Other than the plugs, my car has been completely trouble free for 92k miles. CAI and tune should be your first mod, then whatever floats your boat, show or go.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:18 PM
mustangspotential
2nd Gear Member

Ok guys here's some pics of her, I mean she's basically stock, nothing special, but to me she is

Boy this things fast too, not used to RWD cars or cars with this much power.

She basically has no cosmetic flaws except for the close up above the front plate. Can I just get some touch up paint from Ford to fix that you guys think?

Also, how can I remove the emblem above the GT on the side without damaging anything? Not sure what that is. Maybe just a manufacturer's emblem for something that the previous owner put on.

The JBA tips I believe are 3.5. My friend said it's an axle-back JBA exhaust. Seem right? Do they sell just tips? I can take some pictures under the car for someone if they think they can identify it.

Thanks guys!!
Old 03-24-2013, 12:34 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

The sct badge is from a sct programmer. Your car may have a tune in it already. Did it come with a cai? Some fishing line sawing back n forth will take it off easy.

Quick Reply: My new (probably) 06 Mustang GT