Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Roush exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 01:08 AM
sharony1994
2nd Gear Member

Default Roush exhaust?

So I recently purchased a 2013 gt, and i want to get exhaust on the car. The only thing i would like to change is the axle backs, so I have been watching some videos and i am interested in getting the roush axle backs. I would prefer it to be loud with no drone. Will the roush exhaust have drone? Also is there something i can get that sounds good that will cost me less they are a bit out of budget.
Old 05-09-2013, 02:07 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Go to youtube and with headphones you can listen to different mufflers and get realistic examples. Remember if a car has headers, cams or offroad midpipes its gonna change the tone a lot.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:32 AM
dcarlinf1
3rd Gear Member

I like my Roush AB's and recommend them. I don't think the drone is bad at all. In fact, I don't even know why it is discussed all the time. If you are hearing a drone then speed up or downshift. Just my 2 cents.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:11 AM
natedog
3rd Gear Member

I've had the Roush AB for about 4 months now, and am very happy with them. I too was worried about drone/excessive noise at cruising speeds, but neither happens with them. They sound awesome on acceleration, but ZERO drone at any point in the rev range, and quiet at highway speeds. Plus they are at a great price too.

Can't say anything bad about them, but think about what type of sound you are looking for as well. Everyone has a preference, so listen to as many as you can before making a decision.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:55 PM
sharony1994
2nd Gear Member

Ok so i am most likely going to be ordering them soon, but i keep getting mixed messages some people are telling me there is alot of drone when you are cruising others say there is non at all. please let me know if you guys have these exhaust and have drone.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:24 AM
Slammintone
1st Gear Member

There seems to be loads of conflicting opinions about the Roush ABs. Frankly, I think the ones against them that say "they're raspy and poppy" and whatnot are simply not dealing with reality. They haven't heard them in person. I can find poorly recorded YouTube clips of any exhaust of your pick that sound raspy and poppy and worse! I was on the fence about the Roush ABs until I heard these clips and then I just picked up the phone and ordered them from American Muscle without a further thought. I figured, well if it sucks I'll put them away or sell them on Ebay and try something else. But I had a strong suspicion I was going to be pleasantly suprised. OMG! These things KILL!! The one criticism I'd heard about Roush that sticks is that they are LOUD suckers. But, not in the cabin with the windows rolled up. There's minimal to zero drone, nothing is shaking loose and rattling in the dash like happened with my 2007 GT and Borla Catback. But roll the window's down and mash the accelerator and the awesome roar that follows will blow your mind. It's amazingly loud and its true muscle car, race car note is very apparent and authentic. This is not simply a deep rumbly psuedo hotrod AB sound it's for real. Actually, you could convince yourself and others that you just added LT headers, catted midpipes and a full catback to get the volume and quality of tone. For the price it is without a doubt the best bang for the buck exhaust upgrade going for these cars IMO. Roush dialed in a very deep muscular cruising note to go along with the symphonic blast at WOT that is unlike anything else out there. Here's the clips that changed everything for me. Enjoy, in person it's even better. Much better!

Old 05-11-2013, 11:28 AM
sharony1994
2nd Gear Member

[QUOTE=Slammintone;8211425]There seems to be loads of conflicting opinions about the Roush ABs. Frankly, I think the ones against them that say "they're raspy and poppy" and whatnot are simply not dealing with reality. They haven't heard them in person. I can find poorly recorded YouTube clips of any exhaust of your pick that sound raspy and poppy and worse! I was on the fence about the Roush ABs until I heard these clips and then I just picked up the phone and ordered them from American Muscle without a further thought. I figured, well if it sucks I'll put them away or sell them on Ebay and try something else. But I had a strong suspicion I was going to be pleasantly suprised. OMG! These things KILL!! The one criticism I'd heard about Roush that sticks is that they are LOUD suckers. But, not in the cabin with the windows rolled up. There's minimal to zero drone, nothing is shaking loose and rattling in the dash like happened with my 2007 GT and Borla Catback. But roll the window's down and mash the accelerator and the awesome roar that follows will blow your mind. It's amazingly loud and its true muscle car, race car note is very apparent and authentic. This is not simply a deep rumbly psuedo hotrod AB sound it's for real. Actually, you could convince yourself and others that you just added LT headers, catted midpipes and a full catback to get the volume and quality of tone. For the price it is without a doubt the best bang for the buck exhaust upgrade going for these cars IMO. Roush dialed in a very deep muscular cruising note to go along with the symphonic blast at WOT that is unlike anything else out there. Here's the clips that changed everything for me. Enjoy, in person it's even better. Much better!

Are you sure you dont work for roush? Thank you a strait forward answer appreciate this very much. Practically just sold me them
Old 05-11-2013, 11:35 AM
Slammintone
1st Gear Member

[QUOTE=sharony1994;8211496]
Originally Posted by Slammintone
There seems to be loads of conflicting opinions about the Roush ABs. Frankly, I think the ones against them that say "they're raspy and poppy" and whatnot are simply not dealing with reality. They haven't heard them in person. I can find poorly recorded YouTube clips of any exhaust of your pick that sound raspy and poppy and worse! I was on the fence about the Roush ABs until I heard these clips and then I just picked up the phone and ordered them from American Muscle without a further thought. I figured, well if it sucks I'll put them away or sell them on Ebay and try something else. But I had a strong suspicion I was going to be pleasantly suprised. OMG! These things KILL!! The one criticism I'd heard about Roush that sticks is that they are LOUD suckers. But, not in the cabin with the windows rolled up. There's minimal to zero drone, nothing is shaking loose and rattling in the dash like happened with my 2007 GT and Borla Catback. But roll the window's down and mash the accelerator and the awesome roar that follows will blow your mind. It's amazingly loud and its true muscle car, race car note is very apparent and authentic. This is not simply a deep rumbly psuedo hotrod AB sound it's for real. Actually, you could convince yourself and others that you just added LT headers, catted midpipes and a full catback to get the volume and quality of tone. For the price it is without a doubt the best bang for the buck exhaust upgrade going for these cars IMO. Roush dialed in a very deep muscular cruising note to go along with the symphonic blast at WOT that is unlike anything else out there. Here's the clips that changed everything for me. Enjoy, in person it's even better. Much better!

Are you sure you dont work for roush? Thank you a strait forward answer appreciate this very much. Practically just sold me them
LOL! Try them out yourself and everybody will think YOU work for Roush when you drag yourself away from the car long enough to post!!
Old 05-11-2013, 11:46 AM
StangingAround
1st Gear Member

I have the Roush AB's and I love them. No drone and no rasp, just ear to ear grinning sound. My only complaint is I wish it was louder.
Old 05-11-2013, 12:45 PM
jamesgribley
1st Gear Member

I have posted many times before on Roushe exhaust...I have a 2010 off road CAT Back system and I love it...Well worth the money...after almost three years with it...I still rev it and just listen...pull the trigger and buy it!

Quick Reply: Roush exhaust?