Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Got Hit in the Rear Wheel Today

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 10:12 AM
jpplaw
3rd Gear Member

Default Got Hit in the Rear Wheel Today

Sorry but need to vent a little -
On my way to work this morning, I was first in line at a stoplight at a busy intersection. There is a Hess station on the corner to my left, kind of up a small grade . I am waiting for the light to change and out of the corner of my eye I notice a rust colored car coming out of the station. Idiots around here sometimes pull out and block traffic to get in line. Thats what I figured this car was doing. But the car just keeps coming and BOOM, it whacks me right smack in the rear quarter. I start flipping out and then I notice - there is no one in the driver's seat!!
The D-bag didn't put his car in gear at the pumps and it rolled right out in the street while he went to pay. Preliminary survey of the damage looks like some minor scuffs on the AMR wheel, but miraculously no body damage at all. Can't say the same for his Passat (which is fine by me). I got all the guy's info and I am going to get her up in the air this afternoon and check all the rear suspension. She has a new Whiteline watts link, BMR relo brackets and Steeda LCA's, along with new Moser axles. Hopefully nothing is bent. She seems to drive normal though, no new funny noises or anything, I shook her out pretty good.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:16 AM
DocSnickers
3rd Gear Member

WOW just WOW the intelligence of some people or lack there of never ceases to amaze me.

Sorry to hear about this though hope its nothing major. About how fast was the car going when it rolled into you due to drive negligence?
Old 05-13-2013, 11:04 AM
BTR-75
1st Gear Member

On the positive side, this happened while traffic was stopped. Imagine what could have happened if your light had been green and it ran into you while you were at speed.

I'm not sure how someone could make such a careless mistake.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:40 PM
jpplaw
3rd Gear Member

The gas station is about 5-6 ft above the street level and the apron slopes down toward the street. The car was rolling pretty good but not really fast, there is maybe a 30-50 ft roll from the gas pumps to where I was stopped.

It was lucky traffic was stopped - If it was moving, the car would have gotten plowed right into the middle of the intersection
Old 05-13-2013, 12:51 PM
07GrabU
2nd Gear Member

Probably on his phone when he got out of the car.
Old 05-13-2013, 03:43 PM
Code Vision
1st Gear Member

I'm sorry to hear. Your car looks great, I hope you didn't get scuffed too bad.
Old 05-13-2013, 03:48 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

People still go in to pay? I pay with an Amazon visa, so i can use the points to buy mustang stuff on amazon.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:22 PM
jpplaw
3rd Gear Member

Everything looks good. It hit at an angle where the corner of his front bumper hit the wheel and nothing else. Nothing in the rear looks bent, drives fine, tested her up to 90mph. Thank god for those honeycomb shock absorbing bumpers. The car actually bounced off and away from mine. I was freaking right when it happened - sitting in the car and not knowing what damage had been done. Initially thought the worst, that probably the rear quarter was all smashed in, but there is not even a scratch on the paint.

Moose, maybe he was buying a pack of smokes or something. But I did see him walk back to the pump, looking around and wondering where his car went. The dumbass. I'm going to make him pay for at least a new rim from AM. Those AMR rims sure can take a hit.