Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

2013 Suspension noise

Old 05-27-2013, 01:14 PM
Paul S. Safford

Default 2013 Suspension noise

Tried to search the forums but nothing specific to the 2013 GTs... I noticed it since I bought the car but I thought when warmer weather hit the problem would go away. It hasn't.

What I hear sounds like rubber rubbing on the body every time I hit a bump, speed hump, or swell. It doesn't matter the speed but if any suspension travel is needed to overcome a bump I hear it. Frankly it's embarrassing to have a brand new car sound like this. Is it normal or should I schedule a trip to the stealership?
Old 05-27-2013, 03:59 PM
Hysteric
1st Gear Member

Actually my 2011 with the Roush suspension does this too. I have kind of just written it off as a bushing on the sway bar. If it is more serious than that, I suppose I should take it in too lol
Old 05-27-2013, 10:00 PM
tbuff
2nd Gear Member

2013? Go to the dealer and let them worry about it... Just saying. haha
Old 05-30-2013, 11:08 PM
dixiemustang

Take it to the dealer. My 2013 had the same problem. There is a TSB out on this. They replace the lower control arm bushings.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:22 AM
Paul S. Safford

Originally Posted by dixiemustang
Take it to the dealer. My 2013 had the same problem. There is a TSB out on this. They replace the lower control arm bushings.
Dropped it off yesterday... The dealer's parking lot has these horrendous speed bumps so I took the service rep for a ride over one - he heard the noise so they're going to look at it... The rep didn't know anything about the TSB, but that's not a surprise.
Old 06-01-2013, 01:52 PM
tbuff
2nd Gear Member

Not a surprise at all. There are probably hundreds of tsb's for every manufacturer. I'm a service writer for Toyota and I literally may know of about 4. Haha
Old 06-01-2013, 02:58 PM
Eunox
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Paul S. Safford
Dropped it off yesterday... The dealer's parking lot has these horrendous speed bumps so I took the service rep for a ride over one - he heard the noise so they're going to look at it... The rep didn't know anything about the TSB, but that's not a surprise.
They usually never do. I'd be interested to know what they find/fix.
Old 06-01-2013, 04:09 PM
Paul S. Safford

The dealer called me today and let me know they ordered the lower control arm bushings for driver's and passenger's side. Hope that fixes it...
Old 06-01-2013, 04:17 PM
Eunox
1st Gear Member

The dealer called me today and let me know they ordered the lower control arm bushings for driver's and passenger's side. Hope that fixes it...
Now this thread has me thinking I'm hearing it. Gonna have to listen good next time I go out.

Did they say they found the TSB for it?
Old 06-03-2013, 09:52 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Tried to search the forums but nothing specific to the 2013 GTs... I noticed it since I bought the car but I thought when warmer weather hit the problem would go away. It hasn't.

What I hear sounds like rubber rubbing on the body every time I hit a bump, speed hump, or swell. It doesn't matter the speed but if any suspension travel is needed to overcome a bump I hear it. Frankly it's embarrassing to have a brand new car sound like this.
Glad to learn you’re already working with your dealer, Paul S. Safford. Let me know if you need me.

Originally Posted by Hysteric
Actually my 2011 with the Roush suspension does this too. I have kind of just written it off as a bushing on the sway bar. If it is more serious than that, I suppose I should take it in too lol
You should definitely have your vehicle checked out at your Ford dealer and speak to your Service Manager, Hysteric. He/She is in the best position to look into this for you. He can check into any warranty, Recalls, or Customer Satisfaction Programs that may apply to your vehicle. Let me know the outcome.

Deysha

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2013 Suspension noise