Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

help need info on frpp hot rods

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 08:07 AM
slimfast

Default help need info on frpp hot rods

hello I know this question has been asked a million times but if somebody could give me the input would be appreciated. I am recently came into having problems with the valve train in my head of my 4.6 liter 2007 Mustang. I was thinking while having the work done at the Ford dealership I may go ahead and have the hot rod cams installed. Only problem that I ran into is that I used the car as a daily driver in drive trips often of 600+ miles to the job site at times. I know some people have had these cans in their vehicles for a while now maybe they could tell me the liability unavail system with ease

also was wanting to ask as far as performance gains all I have is a axle back muffler delete. If I do purchase the cams will also buy a Bama tuner jlt series 3 colder intake. Do yall think that I'd be happy with the performance of the vehicle for the money spent, take into consideration that I will be paying for some head work anyways and possibly one cam if I do stay stock. Have read tons of reviews and threads see a lot of mixed emotions really on the fence about this purchase with it being a over the road vehicle. Thank you for any input hope to hear back
Old 06-25-2014, 10:28 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

if you are considering the frpp hot rod cams, then i'm thinking you already know a bit about them from research. they drive like stock cams for the most part, except for a nice lope sound at idle. make sure you have a new tune ready before the cams are replaced