Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > GT S197 General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 06-13-2013, 12:01 AM   #1
Slowpoek06GT
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006, ford, mustang
Default I'll try anything.. Tune issues.

06 GT with a Steeda CAI and Bama SF3 tuner.. I just ripped around town a bit on the 91 race tune- car was running Grrrrrreat. I'm going on the road soon, so I went to load the 91 perf tune when I got home. I barely got it to idle-- and tripped the p2104 and p2112 DTCs with associated fail safe and engine lights.. I know these are for:

P2104- throttle actuator control system- forced idle
P2112- " " " " - stuck closed

I tried returning to the race tune. I returned to stock. I disconnected the battery and retried everything. I did a strange "tune dance" in my driveway in hopes that I could get back to where I was a half hour earlier-- to no avail. I've had no Problems of late. I really REFUSE to think this is a TB issue-- who's the genius out there? I've surfed a bit trying to find the answer on my own- but wanted to post to the forum in hopes of taking the beast on the road this week.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

<<MGW>|<Steeda/BAMA>|<Koni/Eibach>|<Flowmaster/CB>|< Foose/Nitto>|<Ford Racing>>

~~~~Don't let the Bastards get you down~~~~
Slowpoek06GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:32 AM   #2
VistaBlueFrank68
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2013, Ford, GT/CS

Did you buy the tuner or did it come with the car?
I once had a prob with mine, I lost the stock tune with one tuner, then got a SCT and well things can get confusing when you don't know a cars past.

Did you try Googling problems with p2104 and so on...?

Later.
VistaBlueFrank68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:48 AM   #3
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Mustang GT

Call bama.

06 Satin Silver GT - Auto...ROUSH M90 CAI, Afco Dual Fan HE, 4.10s,Truetrac, Detroit Rockers, DSS DS, TCI Rachet Shifter, PA Deep Pan, Eibach Handling, FR P Springs, Strange Shocks/Struts, J&M UCA/LCA, SS Lines/ EBC Slotted/Dimpled Rotors w/Reds, Mickey Thompson SC5, Nitto 255/305, 2011 leather, Pypes LT's/H-Pipe, MBRP Resonators, Borla

2011 NHRA Sportsman Class Hawaii State Champion
12.23 @ 113 mph
808muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:59 AM   #4
Slowpoek06GT
1st Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VistaBlueFrank68 View Post
Did you buy the tuner or did it come with the car?
I once had a prob with mine, I lost the stock tune with one tuner, then got a SCT and well things can get confusing when you don't know a cars past.

Did you try Googling problems with p2104 and so on...?

Later.
I bought the tuner from AM with the CAI- and I also tried googling everything I can think of.. no luck. I can get a list of what the codes are but nothing as far as a fix. like I said, no reason to think a TB (or TB motor) issue, which is what it seems they are point to.

<<MGW>|<Steeda/BAMA>|<Koni/Eibach>|<Flowmaster/CB>|< Foose/Nitto>|<Ford Racing>>

Old 06-13-2013, 08:15 AM   #5
awbreyjd
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ford Mustang 5.0

yes but have you called bama yet. They can probably help you out. At teh same time you said you were ripping around town on the 91 Race Tune then got home and changed tunes. Something could have very well happened to your components during some ripped driving around town. **** does happen. But Bama is good with customer service once you get ahold of them. Sometimes that is a task but they are busy.
Lethal Performance O/R xpipe and duel pump fuel return style system, frpp 47lbs injectors, Vortech with 3.48 pulley, Boss heads/Cams, Aluminum Driveshaft, frpp 3.31 gears. pypes pypebomb cat back, mgw shifter. jlt intake, boss 302 intake manifold. bbk 85mm tb.
11.4@130 1/4 at a 3700 DA. (2.0 60ft)
721hp/525tq (tuned by Seminole Automotive Performance)
awbreyjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:58 AM   #6
Slowpoek06GT
1st Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by awbreyjd View Post
yes but have you called bama yet. They can probably help you out. At teh same time you said you were ripping around town on the 91 Race Tune then got home and changed tunes. Something could have very well happened to your components during some ripped driving around town. **** does happen. But Bama is good with customer service once you get ahold of them. Sometimes that is a task but they are busy.
Called Bama. No help there. I find it hard to believe that I had no lights, whistles, crappy idle, or DTCs until I changed the tune- and it's gotta be the TB. I really thought they'd be more help too- as far as rippin around town, I understand **** happens but seems coincidental that it would happen at the same time as the tune change. I have had the wrong tune before- and that's what this is like. Takes a few extra seconds to turn over and then idles REAL low and slow.

Old 06-13-2013, 09:38 AM   #7
mapitts
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 GT, MT82, 3.73's. Borla S Type , Steeda tuned

Lots of custom tune issues here lately, or so it seems. Mostly on the 4.6's. Seems like no one is exempt. Bama, Brenspeed, Steeda.
mapitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:47 AM   #8
Slowpoek06GT
1st Gear Member

Alright alright- before everyone goes up the ladder on my previous post-- allow me to remove my foot from my forum mouth. It would appear I have a TB issue afterall. Now- maybe I can get some guidance with regard to the TB. It's a BBK 62mm that's been on for about 8-10 months.

I come across a gold-ish colored piece of machined metal that appears to match the color of the idle control. This piece is about a half inch long and cylindrical- almost looking like a piston of sorts. It was found sitting nicely on top of my radiator cover. Any thoughts on a fix, cause, etc?

Old 06-13-2013, 10:00 AM   #9
Slowpoek06GT
1st Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoek06GT View Post
Alright alright- before everyone goes up the ladder on my previous post-- allow me to remove my foot from my forum mouth. It would appear I have a TB issue afterall. Now- maybe I can get some guidance with regard to the TB. It's a BBK 62mm that's been on for about 8-10 months.

I come across a gold-ish colored piece of machined metal that appears to match the color of the idle control. This piece is about a half inch long and cylindrical- almost looking like a piston of sorts. It was found sitting nicely on top of my radiator cover. Any thoughts on a fix, cause, etc?
The idle control now has an open top to it. It appears this piece came from inside? Anyone heard of this?

Old 06-13-2013, 10:49 AM   #10
lawrencecar1
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 07, Ford GT

the permanent fix to put the stock tb back on..
Roush M90 SC w/2.49 pulley, KB BAP, Roush CB, Hurst ss, FRPP cams, FRPP 62mm TB, Helo 20" wheels, FRPP 4.10's, BBK headers, Kicker/Shelby 8" subs, Cadence amps, Optima red top, full body kit, STB, JLT oil separators ps/ds, Cross drilled/slotted rotors, aluminum DS, Eibach struts,shocks, FRPP springs, Eibach sway bar kit, BMR panhard bar/brace, BMR LCA's, SS brake/clutch lines, GlowShift gauges, Shelby RSB/trans cooler, JLT brake cooling kit, Exedy stage 1 clutch/Flywheel
lawrencecar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:49 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement