Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

2012 5.0 w/16k miles Clutch Slipping

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 07:27 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by ronnies_mustang_5o
I've had my car at the dealership since Monday, and still no update. Supposedly, the service manager has 'driven it several times' and was not able to duplicate the problem. I'm afraid the car is going to be trashed and the gas tank empty when I get it back, with the clutch even further worn out. That would really upset me. I have an appointment tomorrow morning to speak with the service manager and possibly take it for another drive. This is really beginning to **** me off. I'm stuck without a car, and I need it back, in good shape.
Be sure to drive it with the Service Manager or the tech, so you can show them what you're experiencing. This may me an easier way to duplicate the concern.

Deysha
Old 07-12-2013, 01:27 PM
ronnies_mustang_5o

Yesterday they drove it again, and were able to duplicate one of my concerns. The car had trouble going to gear. So they're going back to talk to hotline, now I wait..
Old 07-12-2013, 09:45 PM
ronnies_mustang_5o

Okay, now I've just about had it with this car...so my local Ford dealership is still working with hotline to come up with a solution for my transmission/clutch issue. They called me and said I could pick up the car and drive it over the weekend since they weren't gonna work on it on the weekend anyway.

So tonight I took it out for a drive going to Sonic. I'm sitting a stop sign, and I slowly take off like normal and as I built up speed, I slowly increase the throttle to about 80-90% (I don't want to spin my tires), so I guess you could say I pretty much floored it. The shifting went fairly well, no serious issues to speak of. But then as I was slowing down and approaching the next stop sign, the check engine light went on. I can hardly believe this...

I drove it home, checked out the light with my code scanner, and it came up as a p0300 (random cylinder misfire). I did some quick googling and found another guy with a clutch problem and the same code as mine, his thread is here:

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...k-2012-gt.html

I'm starting to think my whole car is just a lemon, I'm freaking out...
Old 07-18-2013, 11:04 AM
Slowbra302
2nd Gear Member

Man that sucks! They working on it this week now??
Old 07-18-2013, 11:26 AM
drunkyoda
2nd Gear Member

you are an idiot!!!! if you are having soo many problems with it, why in the hell would you drive it like that... omfg i just wanna reach through the screen and strangle you. seriously.. if you are having so many problems why drive it hard? ugh...
Old 07-18-2013, 02:15 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Okay, now I've just about had it with this car...so my local Ford dealership is still working with hotline to come up with a solution for my transmission/clutch issue. They called me and said I could pick up the car and drive it over the weekend since they weren't gonna work on it on the weekend anyway.

So tonight I took it out for a drive going to Sonic. I'm sitting a stop sign, and I slowly take off like normal and as I built up speed, I slowly increase the throttle to about 80-90% (I don't want to spin my tires), so I guess you could say I pretty much floored it. The shifting went fairly well, no serious issues to speak of. But then as I was slowing down and approaching the next stop sign, the check engine light went on. I can hardly believe this...

I drove it home, checked out the light with my code scanner, and it came up as a p0300 (random cylinder misfire). I did some quick googling and found another guy with a clutch problem and the same code as mine, his thread is here:

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...k-2012-gt.html

I'm starting to think my whole car is just a lemon, I'm freaking out...
That sucks. As long as the car wasn't sold 'as-is' you have recourse...as in trade it back into the dealer and if you don't want to buy anything else, get your money back. You have the problems already documented with the dealer, they sold you a car that has issues 'out of the box' either knowingly or unknowingly.

Personally I try to avoid used cars altogether, especially performance ones. You never know how the previous owner treated it or what mods may have been done to the car and turned back when they traded it. Only my kids get a used cars right now since it's their first.
Old 07-18-2013, 06:05 PM
ronnies_mustang_5o

Originally Posted by drunkyoda
you are an idiot!!!! if you are having soo many problems with it, why in the hell would you drive it like that... omfg i just wanna reach through the screen and strangle you. seriously.. if you are having so many problems why drive it hard? ugh...
You really need to calm down...I was driving it exactly as anyone would drive when testing to see whats going on with it. It seemed like maybe it wasn't acting up anymore, but obviously it still is.

P.S. I guarantee you wouldn't wanna try strangling me if we met face to face, you're a real brave keyboard warrior though

Last edited by ronnies_mustang_5o; 07-18-2013 at 06:09 PM.
Old 07-18-2013, 06:08 PM
ronnies_mustang_5o

Originally Posted by Derf00
That sucks. As long as the car wasn't sold 'as-is' you have recourse...as in trade it back into the dealer and if you don't want to buy anything else, get your money back. You have the problems already documented with the dealer, they sold you a car that has issues 'out of the box' either knowingly or unknowingly.

Personally I try to avoid used cars altogether, especially performance ones. You never know how the previous owner treated it or what mods may have been done to the car and turned back when they traded it. Only my kids get a used cars right now since it's their first.
I bought it from an elderly gentleman who babied it..seriously, this car is an amazing condition, better than some new vehicles (other than the transmission and CEL). I bought a brand new 2011 Dodge Ram R/T two years ago, and it looked in worse condition than my Mustang. At least it was reliable..

An update on the situation..I was just there talking to the service rep named Susan, and she said that now they finally figured out together with hotline that my transmission was going to need to be removed. She said it could take up to 2 weeks before they can start, because there's another guy in front of me whose engine needs rebuilding. As far as the CEL, they're choosing to remove it and hope that it doesn't come back. She said I could still drive the car within the next two weeks while I wait for them to get ready to take out my transmission, as long as I drive it gently.

Apparently she said theres a good chance I might get an all new transmission, because they think there's something wrong with the gears.

Last edited by ronnies_mustang_5o; 07-18-2013 at 06:10 PM.
Old 08-12-2013, 11:38 AM
ronnies_mustang_5o

My dealership is still working on my car..let me rephrase that, they're hiring someone else to work on my car. This weekend I drove to the dealership to take a peek to see where my car was and what was going on. I couldn't find my car anywhere.

This morning I go over there and ask where my car is, and they told me they brought it to a local radiator repair shop. What the heck?? So now the radiator repair shop is supposed to fix my transmission? It took them 2 weeks just to remove the transmission. During that time, my car has sat in the 100 degree Texas heat, and its suffered a door ding thanks to Ford's wonderful service "professionals".

I want my car back in one piece with a fully functioning healthy transmission. I have waited far too long for this issue to be resolved.
Old 08-13-2013, 07:32 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

My dealership is still working on my car..let me rephrase that, they're hiring someone else to work on my car. This weekend I drove to the dealership to take a peek to see where my car was and what was going on. I couldn't find my car anywhere.

This morning I go over there and ask where my car is, and they told me they brought it to a local radiator repair shop. What the heck?? So now the radiator repair shop is supposed to fix my transmission? It took them 2 weeks just to remove the transmission. During that time, my car has sat in the 100 degree Texas heat, and its suffered a door ding thanks to Ford's wonderful service "professionals".

I want my car back in one piece with a fully functioning healthy transmission. I have waited far too long for this issue to be resolved.
They can sublet work out to different repair shops, ronnies_mustang_5o. Let me know if you want me to get this escalated for you.

Deysha

Quick Reply: 2012 5.0 w/16k miles Clutch Slipping