Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > GT S197 General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 06-20-2013, 05:49 PM   #11
MrBR

Vehicle: 2005 Ford Mustang

Click the image to open in full size.
Here she is, ain't she a beauty? I didn't put on the fake hood pins or the GT300 decal so I'm not a ricer, I promise.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
MrBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:06 PM   #12
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 GT
Send a message via AIM to Nuke Send a message via Yahoo to Nuke Send a message via Skype™ to Nuke

No more can a doctor tell you how long you'll live can anyone predict how long a car will last. Unlike my 5 previous and my current Toyota's, I'm sure the S197 will need some minor maintenance beyond your normal fluids, brakes and tires over it's course but quite a few folks have over 150k miles. I know that all of my pre-80's cars were on deaths doorstep by 100k miles but the domestics HAD to do something to compete with the reliability and longevity of the imports and fare better beyond 100k compared to years ago.
07 GT Prem: Alloy, MT, 3.55's, Steeda CAI w/Brenspeed tunes, FRPP Stingers, 275/40/18 Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S on SVT Cobras (OE GT500's), 14" shorty, Wheelskin side scoops & qtr window louvers, A-H rear window louvers, SHR honeycomb blackout panel, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
06 V6: Legend Lime, Pony Package, 14" shorty, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:15 PM   #13
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 mustang gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBR View Post
There was a guy going into my lane from the other direction and I quickly moved my steering wheel and it was so fast, so abrupt yet it kept it's composure, no tire squealing or lean at all, it's like being on a different planet, I'm sorry I'm just not used to good handling lol
Post a pic of your car. I have a feeling it doesn't have the stock suspension any longer.

whipple HO SC,FRPP k springs, Pypes mid mufflers, hurst, frpp TB, 4.10's, spohn lca's, adj. UCA, relo brackets, 1 piece DS, spec stg 3+ clutch. 12.52@117.6mph so far with a 2.01 60 ft time

Pumpkin jacking addict
moosestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:35 PM   #14
MrBR

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosestang View Post
Post a pic of your car. I have a feeling it doesn't have the stock suspension any longer.
From what I gather(the trim package level, basically fully loaded minus the shaker 1000-had the shaker 500) and from the area it was registered in I'm going to assume the guy had money so... Maybe... It Doesn't even have a CAI though, you'd think if he went for performance he'd slap that on though.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:37 PM   #15
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 GT
Send a message via AIM to Nuke Send a message via Yahoo to Nuke Send a message via Skype™ to Nuke

If the guy had money he wouldn't have installed fake hood pins and the GT300 decal.
07 GT Prem: Alloy, MT, 3.55's, Steeda CAI w/Brenspeed tunes, FRPP Stingers, 275/40/18 Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S on SVT Cobras (OE GT500's), 14" shorty, Wheelskin side scoops & qtr window louvers, A-H rear window louvers, SHR honeycomb blackout panel, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
06 V6: Legend Lime, Pony Package, 14" shorty, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:55 PM   #16
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 mustang gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBR View Post
From what I gather(the trim package level, basically fully loaded minus the shaker 1000-had the shaker 500) and from the area it was registered in I'm going to assume the guy had money so... Maybe... It Doesn't even have a CAI though, you'd think if he went for performance he'd slap that on though.
Ah, didn't realize there was a pic on page 2. That does look like stock springs, but could have aftermarket shocks/struts. My car had lots of body roll compared to after lowering, changing shocks and pretty much all the suspension parts.

whipple HO SC,FRPP k springs, Pypes mid mufflers, hurst, frpp TB, 4.10's, spohn lca's, adj. UCA, relo brackets, 1 piece DS, spec stg 3+ clutch. 12.52@117.6mph so far with a 2.01 60 ft time

Pumpkin jacking addict
moosestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:18 PM   #17
MrBR

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosestang View Post
Ah, didn't realize there was a pic on page 2. That does look like stock springs, but could have aftermarket shocks/struts. My car had lots of body roll compared to after lowering, changing shocks and pretty much all the suspension parts.
Maybe, since I'm used to driving 50 year old cars and cars based off 35 year old cars (CVPIs and Lincoln Town Cars) that in comparison the car feels like it remains flat in comparison.
Old 06-21-2013, 04:27 AM   #18
drewsky
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 06 GT Legend Lime and 1967 CP

Love the spoiler delete! Wish mine didn't have one haha
drewsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:53 AM   #19
joeroy

Vehicle: 2010mustanggt

that car is sweet, good luck with it
joeroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:38 AM   #20
ffk_pennywise
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 Ford Mustang GT

I'm at 140k miles, and haven't done anything besides regular fluid changes and 1 set of brake pads. I did do a precautionary plug change last year. Car is not stock and I beat on it occasionally. I don't think you have anything to worry about regarding longevity.

2007 GT
GMS Strut Tower Brace / FRPP Springs/ Koni STR.T Dampers
BBK CAI / Brenspeed 87 tune / Steeda CMCV / Hurst Shifter / Mac SS A/B
Longtube Headers, catted H, Detroit Rocker Cams
319/318 RW HP/TQ
ffk_pennywise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:38 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement