Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

2013 GT Ticking

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 02:42 AM
oXxKeMiKaLxXo

is this what your cars doing?

mine has started doing it like everyone else and the dealership i have bought it from is not helping. they told me the don't know what it is and to just drive it till it gets worse and then bring it back. i have called and talked to corporate and the dealership i go through told them there is nothing out of the ordinary wrong with my car. as you can tell from the video that is not normal. i have took it to another dealer just to get a second opinion on it and he said its a first for him. but they wont do anything because i didn't buy the car from them is what im being told. so know im stuck with a brand new car that is messing up and cant get any help and it doesn't seem like anyone else is either. im don't know what else to do.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:18 AM
Code Vision
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by oXxKeMiKaLxXo

mine has started doing it like everyone else and the dealership i have bought it from is not helping. they told me the don't know what it is and to just drive it till it gets worse and then bring it back. i have called and talked to corporate and the dealership i go through told them there is nothing out of the ordinary wrong with my car. as you can tell from the video that is not normal. i have took it to another dealer just to get a second opinion on it and he said its a first for him. but they wont do anything because i didn't buy the car from them is what im being told. so know im stuck with a brand new car that is messing up and cant get any help and it doesn't seem like anyone else is either. im don't know what else to do.
yikes. No that's a bit different than mine. My ticking was more consistent more rhythmic. it changed with the RPM.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:30 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Hey oXxKeMiKaLxXo,

Let me review this for you. Please PM me with your VIN, mileage, dealer, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha
Old 09-05-2013, 05:16 PM
oXxKeMiKaLxXo

Originally Posted by FordService
Hey oXxKeMiKaLxXo,

Let me review this for you. Please PM me with your VIN, mileage, dealer, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha
it wont let me PM

I have a case already open and i have went to the dealership today to ask them why they said there was nothing wrong with my car and to manager he did not know of any sound on idle and slow rev. he told me he had only test drove it and found nothing. So i had him take a listen for himself and he told me he will look into it and get back with me. i just hope this gets fixed because i love my mustang and i dont want to pay what im paying for a car that is messing up.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:41 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

it wont let me PM

I have a case already open and i have went to the dealership today to ask them why they said there was nothing wrong with my car and to manager he did not know of any sound on idle and slow rev. he told me he had only test drove it and found nothing. So i had him take a listen for himself and he told me he will look into it and get back with me. i just hope this gets fixed because i love my mustang and i dont want to pay what im paying for a car that is messing up.
Thank you for the update! Be sure to stay in contact with your CSM and keep me updated.

Deysha
Old 09-06-2013, 09:41 AM
TRMach1
2nd Gear Member

That's exactly how mine sounds. Well it's a lot quieter now, not sure if my oil had to settle in or if they put an additive that I'm not aware of but it is quiet now, well basically the ticking is gone now but I'm sure it will come back when I do the next oil change.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:34 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by TRMach1
That's exactly how mine sounds. Well it's a lot quieter now, not sure if my oil had to settle in or if they put an additive that I'm not aware of but it is quiet now, well basically the ticking is gone now but I'm sure it will come back when I do the next oil change.
Let me know if you need me to re-escalate this for you, TRMach1.

Deysha
Old 11-23-2013, 08:14 PM
oXxKeMiKaLxXo

Update the one noise in my car was a faulty clutch. They replaced the whole clutch assembly but the tick noise is still there after oil change. Car has been back to for 7 times now for this issue. The good thing is ford is working with me and trying to figure it out. I will post another update once I get my car back again
Old 11-24-2013, 04:51 AM
TRMach1
2nd Gear Member

Mine went away after a while, well actually after I took it to them so I'm sure they added an additive. Now at 9k miles I did another oil change and it's back again, I'm gonna see if it goes away or if it gets any louder if so I will be taking it to another dealer. It's funny how they said that ford was going to investigate into my issue and for me to drive it like that in the mean time. Investigate what? They know something is wrong, there is a ton of cars out there with the same problem. 7k miles later and they have not said anything about it.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:52 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Update the one noise in my car was a faulty clutch. They replaced the whole clutch assembly but the tick noise is still there after oil change. Car has been back to for 7 times now for this issue. The good thing is ford is working with me and trying to figure it out. I will post another update once I get my car back again
I’d like to review this for you, oXxKeMiKaLxXo. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha

Quick Reply: 2013 GT Ticking