Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

STRUT TOWER BRACE

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 06:59 PM
BLACK-MACHINE
1st Gear Member

Default STRUT TOWER BRACE

so guys i'll be picking up my new to me 09 GT tomorrow morning and i have a few bucks left over from my trade in,, im wondering if a strut tower brace is worth the money, also i'll be ordering a barton shifter.
your thoughts and comments are appreciated.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:09 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Save that for a CAI & custom tune if the car isn't already custom tuned. A strut tower brace is mostly for show, maybe unless you autocross. It's affect on handling can't be noticed by most drivers.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:10 PM
tbar
2nd Gear Member

I think It's more an appearance mod. Unless you autocross or road race your car you really don't need it.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:15 PM
BLACK-MACHINE
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
Save that for a CAI & custom tune if the car isn't already custom tuned. A strut tower brace is mostly for show, maybe unless you autocross. It's affect on handling can't be noticed by most drivers.
it already has a CIA, not sure of the brand, i was to busy looking at the engine for any leaks or abnormalities...it does have a custom exhaust as its wicked loud but not obnoxious. a real good throaty sound that roars when you hit the skinny pedal. i'll make sure i post up some pictures when i get her home tomorrow.
oh and i have no clue if its been tuned, but it goes like stink.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:15 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

it is a appearance mod only IMO. We got one in nancys car and it looks good but she doesnt notice any difference in driving.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:24 PM
JCON
5th Gear Member

I noticed a difference in mine but only when cornering hard or going in and out of the drive way.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:32 PM
3vStang
2nd Gear Member

Not worth it DD IMO, Just adds weight to the front end.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:20 PM
BLACK-MACHINE
1st Gear Member

ok then, guess i'll spend my money else where..
Old 07-16-2013, 08:42 PM
VistaBlueFrank68
2nd Gear Member

On an 05-09 it works to stiffen the Chase, also the lower K-member under the car creates a stiff circle. Otherwise your cars front end is held together by not much. Flexing absorbs speed and effects handling. The two items are useful on your car but all depends on your priorities. Speed, dependability, cornering, acceleration so on. If you ever want to mount a Boss intake or S/C most won't fit so it's best to get that one first and it doesn't cost anymore, but will if you have to buy two.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:35 PM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

Smile Strut brace

I have a strut brace on my '06 GT 'vert. I believe it does make a little difference, probably because it is a 'vert. I think cowl shake is somewhat reduced and cornering also slightly improved. Worth the $, It was to me. It didn't cost that much and it was an easy install. It also looks good. I'm satisfied.

Quick Reply: STRUT TOWER BRACE