Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Switching to Loudmouths. Good idea?

Old 08-09-2013, 01:42 PM
GTowner76

Default Switching to Loudmouths. Good idea?

I have Super 44's welded in and was wondering if I can still get Loudmouths with the recommended hanger kit? Stupid question I guess, but I assume nothing. I have heard enough videos and these seem to offer the best bang for my buck. Any drone on these? Are they going to fit right? I would like to hear some first hand testimonies. From what I have read most has been good. Should I get these??

http://www.americanmuscle.com/axexlmo20mug.html
Old 08-09-2013, 01:47 PM
AJ06GT
5th Gear Member

I don't think so personally. I don't think LMs sound very good, but you're asking an opinion question, so take that as you will. Depends on the rest of your set up though. Stock midpipe?
Old 08-09-2013, 01:58 PM
DocSnickers
3rd Gear Member

Just about every aftermarket systems going to have some drone. When I first was looking into my exhaust I looked at pypes talked to people locally that had them. Found out how much of a pain they were and poor quality. So I started looking at SLP Loudmouths, from what I heard from people is they are a lot nicer quality while still being cheaper. They got some done from them, but it happens with aftermarket exhaust. I eventually went with Stainless Works Cat Back system, which does have drone when its running off stock headers and mid. It does not drone when the whole complete system is done.

However that's besides the point since your looking at just axel back. All in all SLP is a good system its a good muffler delete kit.
Old 08-09-2013, 02:12 PM
GTowner76

Yes, everything else is stock. That's about what I figured. If it drones like hell, forget it. I just don't have the money to shell out for big time exhaust. I've already been through several hundred dollars just to make the exhaust as quiet as stock. The Super 44's are quiet. Actually they seem to make my car a bit quicker with the back-pressure being enhanced somewhat, but they are just quiet. They only sound decent when you step on it. But I don't want to have to step on it constantly to get my car to sound like a Mustang.
Old 08-09-2013, 04:34 PM
silverstang23
2nd Gear Member

I have the same setup as you and want to change. I'm just having a trouble with the price for straight pipes. You can find some decent prices on used ones on here if you decide to go that route
Old 08-09-2013, 05:05 PM
AJ06GT
5th Gear Member

A midpipe costs about the same as a axleback and you'll get a lot better sound from that than you will from swapping mufflers. Hell, the stock mufflers sound pretty good. I'm driving around on a O/R Prochamber with stock mufflers and it sounds fantastic. Just throwing that out there.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:51 PM
DocSnickers
3rd Gear Member

Yeah the cats make them quiet.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:35 PM
trublu07

I have SLP Loudmouths and the rest of the exhaust is stock. I haven't had any problems with them. Like someone else said there will be drone with just about any exhaust setup. Mine personally it isn't bad. There are times when I'll ride around with the windows down just to listen to it. That's how much I like it. I've heard it said too many times to count- it's not what everyone else likes, it's what YOU like.
Old 08-12-2013, 04:31 PM
AJ06GT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by trublu07
I have SLP Loudmouths and the rest of the exhaust is stock. I haven't had any problems with them. Like someone else said there will be drone with just about any exhaust setup. Mine personally it isn't bad. There are times when I'll ride around with the windows down just to listen to it. That's how much I like it. I've heard it said too many times to count- it's not what everyone else likes, it's what YOU like.
There are times when you ride around with your windows down just to listen? Try every single trip I take. I don't even start the car without the windows open or door still open. I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've turned up my radio.
Old 08-12-2013, 04:36 PM
dlazrael
5th Gear Member

I'm running stock headers, cut-n-clamp (keep the cats) prochamber and pypes violators.... sounds good, little to no drone, my only dislike is not loud enough for me.... it gets loud at WOT but I like it louder and "throatier" when I'm toolin around toon not blowing it up

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Switching to Loudmouths. Good idea?