Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Whipple or Kenne Bell

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 04:42 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ckbane6
I've heard turbos get way to hot that was my first option.
Not true. Turbos are a great option. I went supercharger because I am more comfortable working on them myself. If I ever do another build, it will be turbo. I like to challenge myself.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:47 PM
ckbane6

Originally Posted by iAerials
Ohhh so you want more whine? I must admit the whine is kinda cool sometimes. I prefer Kenne Bell for overall performance, but from what i've seen/heard whipple puts out a really nice whine.
Yeah I'm not really looking for a drag car always setup. It's gonna be a daily driver with 800hp but I also want reliable power and safe power. Plus the whine just helps the car sound more badass lol. From everyone I talk to they seem to like both brands as do I. But what about the kb 2.8lc would that cool the blower down more significantly?
Old 08-14-2013, 01:49 PM
ckbane6

Originally Posted by Diabolical!
Not true. Turbos are a great option. I went supercharger because I am more comfortable working on them myself. If I ever do another build, it will be turbo. I like to challenge myself.
Well deep in my mind I have it planned out where hopefully if I play my cars right ill rank up in the military and then go to officer training school and then start making some good money and then I can also get a mark Iv supra and twin turbo it along with the supercharged 5.0. But idk that's just my dream garage. Lol
Old 08-14-2013, 07:10 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

I don't like Kenne bell and here's why. Look at their website. Their advertising is very, very sketchy. Mr. Bell is kind of an *******, but so am I, however I'm not trying to sell a product to anyone. We'll call that a wash. The kennebell gets much hotter, atleast the 2.3's did.

the whipple 2.3 sounds like it's going supersonic. Whipple will fix **** way outside their warranty period, will KB? Just look at all the leaking snouts that replaced for free. Mine has never leaked, but a few have and they sent out a new snout/seal.
Old 08-14-2013, 07:12 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

A turbo under the hood does make the whole engine compartment hotter. Just look at some of the factory turbo cars. They have plastic melting issues after a few years.
Old 08-14-2013, 07:26 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Whipple or kenne bell will both be a nice addition to the car. Good luck with whichever you go with! Flip a coin if it comes down to that, either way you win.
Old 08-14-2013, 09:37 PM
ckbane6

Originally Posted by moosestang
I don't like Kenne bell and here's why. Look at their website. Their advertising is very, very sketchy. Mr. Bell is kind of an *******, but so am I, however I'm not trying to sell a product to anyone. We'll call that a wash. The kennebell gets much hotter, atleast the 2.3's did.

the whipple 2.3 sounds like it's going supersonic. Whipple will fix **** way outside their warranty period, will KB? Just look at all the leaking snouts that replaced for free. Mine has never leaked, but a few have and they sent out a new snout/seal.
I think this made my mind up. I'm going with a 2.9l whipple.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:24 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ckbane6
I think this made my mind up. I'm going with a 2.9l whipple.
I think that's an excellent decision.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:12 AM
kawasakiguy
2nd Gear Member

If I still have my stang next year, my choice will be the whipple. Look up youtube videos for the sounds and power curves.
Old 08-15-2013, 02:16 PM
dlazrael
5th Gear Member

What's so "sketchy"? I am curious.... I am looking to get a kit over the winter and install, and have been leaning to a 2.3 or 2.8 KB, the entire fenderwell "CAI" and such has me interested...... so... evidence based or just opinion?

Quick Reply: Whipple or Kenne Bell