Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Corsa Extreme vs. Sport (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 11:07 AM
alumacomp
2nd Gear Member

Default Corsa Extreme vs. Sport (Again)

I have an 06 Vert GT that is stock except for CAI and tune. I have decided on the Corsa axle back but can't make up my mind on the extreme vs. sport. I have read numerous threads on this topic from many forums as well as listened to more sound clips that I can count. I "think" the extreme sounds deeper and more American muscle which is my preference, but I am concerned about them being too loud at start up and WOT. I am not a hotrodder, just a 50 year old guy who wants some more rumble when I step on it.

I know this topic has been discussed many times before but any feedback would be appreciated.
Old 08-13-2013, 12:11 PM
jpplaw
3rd Gear Member

Corsa's can be a little loud at initial cold start up but they quiet down very quickly. I have some Corsa sports and they were great with the stock cats and mid-pipe. When I went to the cams and Kooks headers they got very loud, so I switched them out for Bullitts.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:29 PM
alumacomp
2nd Gear Member

Considering the cost of the Corsas, I want and need to get my exhaust right the first time. I notice on the Corsa website they indicated the sport as "ideal" for cars with moderate performance modifications such as a CAI.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:56 PM
jpplaw
3rd Gear Member

Corsa's have absolutely no drone but most aftermarket axle backs for the S197's do. That is pretty much the reason that the Corsa's are so expensive. If you have never experienced the "drone", believe me, you do not want to. Ever.

I am going to the drag strip this weekend and I am seriously considering putting the Corsa's back on to open up the flow a bit and for sound.
Old 08-13-2013, 03:25 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by alumacomp
I have an 06 Vert GT that is stock except for CAI and tune. I have decided on the Corsa axle back but can't make up my mind on the extreme vs. sport. I have read numerous threads on this topic from many forums as well as listened to more sound clips that I can count. I "think" the extreme sounds deeper and more American muscle which is my preference, but I am concerned about them being too loud at start up and WOT. I am not a hotrodder, just a 50 year old guy who wants some more rumble when I step on it.

I know this topic has been discussed many times before but any feedback would be appreciated.
Both the Extreme and Sport are great. The Extreme is a little louder than the Sport! I'm getting ready to install a set of Extreme's on my 2011 GT, they sound incredible! They're pretty calm at idle and when cruising around & then really wake up at WOT. Like listed above, absolutely no drone!

Let me know if I can be of any assistance! We're actually bringing in Corsa shortly, stay tuned for their exhaust to hit our site!

-Dan

Last edited by AMDanBailer; 08-14-2013 at 03:00 PM.
Old 08-13-2013, 03:30 PM
07GrabU
2nd Gear Member

I got my set of corsa xtremes for a steal in the classifieds. Couldn't be happier. No drone, they are quiet when you want them to be, and as long as you don't add headers, the xtremes are the way to go. I am stock h pipe and manifolds with only possibly changing to the corsa x pipe in the future. The polished tips and all 304 stainless steel will most likely outlive my car, they are top quality
Old 08-13-2013, 04:12 PM
Carcrazycorey1
2nd Gear Member

I have the extreme's I believe, I'm not sure though, is there a way to tell by looking at them? Anyways, whichever ones I have are very nice. Loud during a cold start but like mentioned before they quiet down quickly. Nice rumble when cruising but fairly loud when under acceleration. I love them and they have zero drone. Now that I have O/R X-pipes though they are really loud under acceleration and decently loud when just cruising through town. On the highway cruising at 60 with cruise control on they are dead quiet from inside even with the x-pipe.
Old 08-13-2013, 04:33 PM
10KonaBGT
2nd Gear Member

+1 for Corsa Extremes, with the baffles removed from the side pipes my car just sounds awesome, quiet when you want but will scream to life when you want And like mentioned above absolutely zero drone.
Old 08-13-2013, 05:39 PM
alumacomp
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the info. I've yet to read of someone who doesn't like their extremes, but on the other hand the same could be said for the sports. I imagine the sports are the "safe" way to go, but I don't want to wuss out either!
Old 08-13-2013, 06:03 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by alumacomp

I absolutely LOVE my Corsa Xtremes! They are quiet when you're driving, probably even more so than stock but when you get on them, WATCH OUT! They are some bad mothers!

Here's a vid of mine at idle:

At 0:45 the sound REALLY starts going down at idle and that's the level at which you end up with after initial start up. It's great, I love them. Probably won't ever go with another company again. I have Kook's long tube headers with a catted-x mid by the way.

Let me know if you're ready to purchase and I'll set you up with Terry at Street Lethal Performance. He's a really good friend of mine and will take care of you if you mention my name!

Last edited by bakerjd; 08-13-2013 at 06:14 PM.

Quick Reply: Corsa Extreme vs. Sport (Again)