Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

My MT82 story

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 07:05 AM
CharliePapa

Originally Posted by FordService
Welcome to the forum, CharliePapa! My name is Deysha with Ford Service and I’d like to get this escalated to the customer service manager for your area. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha
Hey Deysha, I'll need another form of contact, apparently I'm not allowed to send Pm's
Old 09-19-2013, 02:05 AM
DocSnickers
3rd Gear Member

Ya you need 50 posts to do PM, they do that to help filter spam bots. Just go say welcome to the forms to new people till you hit 50 lol.
Old 09-19-2013, 05:14 AM
CharliePapa

Thx Doc
Old 09-19-2013, 08:30 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by RTGordon78
First off, sorry you are going through this - I hope it works out so you can enjoy the car. Second, I am glad they are doing their absolute best to resolve your issue at the dealer. My dealership has been great so far as well. Third, I think it is awesome that an actual Ford service rep frequents this forum and wants to help you out - thanks Deysha!

So, as I understand it, corporate still refuses to address this issue in an organized way, despite the widespread transmission woes experienced so far. Deysha, are you aware of any changes to address this from the factory? I just bought a 2014 GT 2 weeks ago and the more I read, the more nervous I get...
I’ve been working together with our engineers since I became part of the forums 3 years ago, RTGordon78. If you ever have any concerns, just PM me. I’ll take care of you.

Originally Posted by CharliePapa
Sorry for the venting! I do love the car and the dealership has been awesome, but Ford corporate has not impressed me at all. Deysha: I'm at work now so I'll get back to you with the info later.
It’s ok, CharliePapa. Be sure to PM me with your info.

Deysha
Old 09-20-2013, 07:54 PM
Molonlabemike

Document everything, my Subaru was lemoned (they agreed to take it back) after it was in the shop off and on for over 40 days. Know your rights, see if they will replace the vehicle (get an Auto) or talk to an attorney. Good luck
Old 09-30-2013, 12:58 PM
FiveSlow87

fjdgddukmd

Last edited by FiveSlow87; 03-21-2019 at 07:49 PM.
Old 09-30-2013, 03:35 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by FiveSlow87
Hope you get it sorted out!

Quick question about this since someone in this thread mentioned it. I've only had my car a few weeks now but I noticed the first cold morning I drove it before I put my catback on it, the m6 was making this whining noise. Kind of like a twin screw blower. Is that normal for these or should I contact ford? Car is clean and 16,500 miles on it, I hope it's still under warranty because it's too new to be making odd noises. I don't want issues with it later down the road either. I plan to keep this a long long time.
Hi FiveSlow87,

Welcome to the forum! My name is Deysha with Ford Service. You should bring it in to your local Ford Dealer and have them check it out. The Service Manager is in the best position to let you know if there is work needed, and about coverage you may have for it (warranty, recall, etc.). Let me know the outcome.

Deysha
Old 10-02-2013, 09:12 PM
CharliePapa

Update: Ford came through, new MT82 arrived at the dealership today and I should have the car back tomorrow. Ford has made it right with me for all the time the car has been in the shop including extending my warranty to 7yrs/75000 miles. I do wish I could have been driving it more the last few months but I'm ok with the outcome. The service department at 5 Star Ford in North Richland Hills is outstanding and I would highly recommend them!
Old 10-03-2013, 05:38 AM
FiveSlow87

fukfx

Last edited by FiveSlow87; 03-21-2019 at 07:49 PM.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:53 AM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

Mine whines too, havent really heard of anyone saying it doesn't whine some at least. Get a mgw short throw and your shifting should be fixed.

Quick Reply: My MT82 story