Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

GT traction - standard vs track pkg

Old 10-10-2013, 05:33 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by STANGmole
First off...wow...those 2015 interior spy shots look like ***! I can't help but to think that they're a joke, and they are really photos of a 2015 pickup truck interior.

I think you're going to have traction problems with any RWD car that has the amount of HP and torque that the Mustang does. That being said, traction control and sticky tires help to tame it for daily driving. I'd put your money in to upgrading the suspension before the engine, but that's just me.

If you're frightened by wheelspin or used to AWD you might want to look at different new car options.
I agree on the interior shots that I've seen. On some of the uglier ones the drivers mirror that you can see in the pic does not look the same as the one from the Spy Shots of the mustang body I've seen. The mirror looks more truck like. Someone probably misposted about the mustang interior (mixing them up) and now everyone thinks they are Mustang interior shots....
Old 10-10-2013, 07:06 PM
torinalth

I hope you are right about the interior... it just looks odd. I love the exterior shots I've seen and the prospect of being lighter and smaller.... but we will see.

If I decide to go with the 14, I do plan on working on suspension pretty quick, but will be intermingling power mods just to keep it well rounded. I am thinking of just getting a standard GT premium to circumvent the gear concern and plan on upgrading to larger wheels and tires to work on the traction, then a torsen later on. If I upgrade the power and traction is still ok, then I'll contemplate gears. Seems to make the most sense this way from what other say about it. I as having first gear traction issues with the track wit the last test drive... and more power will only make it worse...
Old 10-10-2013, 07:17 PM
DocSnickers
3rd Gear Member

These cars do get a lot of wheel hop on the back ends. It's nothing that after market upper and lower control arms don't fix though.
Old 10-11-2013, 10:16 AM
torinalth

Originally Posted by DocSnickers
These cars do get a lot of wheel hop on the back ends. It's nothing that after market upper and lower control arms don't fix though.
yeah, the suspension will be pretty similar to what I had on my 2002 GT after I converted to 3 link w/ PHB. Though I'm probably going to go with springs and shocks first, see how it behaves, then go swaybars or control arms depending on what is the more pressing concern.