Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > GT S197 General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 10-06-2013, 10:31 PM   #1
Phyguy

Vehicle: 2009 Ford GT
Default Staggered...

Hey all. Newbie here, so feel free to point me to the thread that discusses this.

I've got a 2009 GT 4.6L running 18x9's on all four corners. I'm thinking of going 18x10's in the rear and 18x9's in the front. I'd like to keep a bullitt style wheel in black.

Any recommendations? I've got new Perelli's on my wheels now, so I'll probably sell those once i figure out which direction I'm going.

Any recommendations, pictures, forum posts, etc you can point me to will be appreciated.

Thanks.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Phyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:27 PM   #2
08 GT Mod

Vehicle: 2008 Mustang GT

Welcome to MF bro. I staggered my 08 GT two years ago and love the new look. I went thru a sponsor of the site "Cruizin Concepts". They were great, the guys gave me a really good deal (tires and wheels). I went with the stealth black godspeed omegas. Really gave my car an aggressive look that I like. I'm sure there are other threads you can look at on here to. Good luck man. Oh and post some pics when you find what you're lookin for.

2004 Cobra (stock for now )
08 GT Mod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:54 AM   #3
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Mustang GT

American Muscle.com has some nice bullitt wheels. I got a set of 17x10 for drag racing with some MT DRs and the wheels are holding up fantastic. They are gorgeous. AM has great quality IMO.

06 Satin Silver GT - Auto...ROUSH M90 CAI, Afco Dual Fan HE, 4.10s,Truetrac, Detroit Rockers, Moroso, DSS DS, TCI Rachet Shifter, PA Deep Pan, Eibach Handling, FR P Springs, Strange Shocks/Struts, J&M UCA/LCA, SS Lines/ EBC Slotted/Dimpled Rotors w/Reds, Mickey Thompson SC5, Nitto 255/305, 2011 leather, Pypes LT's/H-Pipe, MBRP Resonators, Borla

2011 NHRA Sportsman Class Hawaii State Champion
12.23 @ 113 mph
808muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:25 AM   #4
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 GT
Send a message via AIM to Nuke Send a message via Yahoo to Nuke Send a message via Skype™ to Nuke

Just remember to maintain equivalent O.D. both front and rear.
07 GT Prem: Alloy, MT, 3.55's, Steeda CAI w/Brenspeed tunes, FRPP Stingers, 275/40/18 Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S on SVT Cobras (OE GT500's), 14" shorty, Wheelskin side scoops & qtr window louvers, A-H rear window louvers, SHR honeycomb blackout panel, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
06 V6: Legend Lime, Pony Package, 14" shorty, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:59 AM   #5
Ricardo
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: '07 Mustang GT

American Muscle deep dish black bullits FTW! Perfect style for the S197.
Mine are 18x10 3" lip -rear/18x9 2" lip front. You can get non-deep dish for the front too if you prefer that style.
Very affordable too, but WON'T clear big brake kits in front.
Click the image to open in full size.
Ricardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:40 AM   #6
Phyguy

Vehicle: 2009 Ford GT

I like those a lot ricardo. I'd like to keep the Pony centercaps. I've been browsing AM just not seeing exactly what I want yet. Your mustang looks great.
Phyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:57 AM   #7
itsblack
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 08, GT

That is a good choice. Mine is chrome though, 255/45/18 front and 285/40/18 rear.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20130714_151134_149.jpg (42.1 KB, 7 views)
itsblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:42 PM   #8
Collin01

Vehicle: 2007 Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyguy View Post
Hey all. Newbie here, so feel free to point me to the thread that discusses this.

I've got a 2009 GT 4.6L running 18x9's on all four corners. I'm thinking of going 18x10's in the rear and 18x9's in the front. I'd like to keep a bullitt style wheel in black.

Any recommendations? I've got new Perelli's on my wheels now, so I'll probably sell those once i figure out which direction I'm going.

Any recommendations, pictures, forum posts, etc you can point me to will be appreciated.

Thanks.
FR500s 18x9 and 18x10 love them! Click the image to open in full size.
Collin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:27 PM   #9
jz
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 06 mustang GT

I love the staggered look. Have never regretted it once.

06 GT. Steeda Hood, Bumper, F&R sway bars, strut tower brace, struts/shocks, sport springs, HD strut mounts, UDP's, delete plates. Hawk Brake pads. Power Slot Rotors. Goodridge Braided brake Lines. BMR combo UCA, combo/adj LCA's, LCA relocation brackets, adj panhard bar, panhard bar brace. Pro 5.0 shifter. K&N CAI. Magnaflow Magnapacks cat back. FRPP 4.10's. BAMACHIPS SCT 93 tune.
jz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:07 PM   #10
UPRSharad
Sponsor

Vehicle: 2011, Ford, Mustang GT
www.facebook.com/sraldiris

I'm running 18x9.5s all the way around. If I could do it all over again, I'd choose 18x10 all the way around. I've tried a staggered setup and it made the car understeer.

Like us at www.facebook.com/TeamUPR
Follow us on Instagram @uprproducts
UPRSharad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:07 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement