Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

all u bama tune people, what octane and tune do you use?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 03:03 PM
dcarlinf1
3rd Gear Member

89, 93, 93. The only fuel I have ever bought is 93. Even before buying BAMA tunes. The 89 tune is only there in case I can't find 93 for some reason. I do my daily driving using the performance tune. The race tune includes the ghost cam so I don't want that all of the time.
Old 12-12-2013, 03:39 PM
BairdGT
2nd Gear Member

I use 93 Race as my DD and if I am going on any highway trips I look to see if 93 is available on the way if it is I change to 93 Performance and if it's not available then I switch to 91 Performance since 91 is available virtually everywhere here.
Old 12-12-2013, 03:43 PM
RazorGT
2nd Gear Member

I have been contemplating about getting a bama tuner for months now, and you guys can see since I have joined the forums I ask about it almost everyday lol, but I finally jumped and got the tuner! It should arrive wednesday they said!

hopefully I get that custom plaque I hear about, also a nice "bama tuned" sticker would be cool!
Old 12-12-2013, 04:01 PM
Csrt4to5.0gt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by RazorGT
I have been contemplating about getting a bama tuner for months now, and you guys can see since I have joined the forums I ask about it almost everyday lol, but I finally jumped and got the tuner! It should arrive wednesday they said!

hopefully I get that custom plaque I hear about, also a nice "bama tuned" sticker would be cool!
congrats, you won't be disappointed! The plaque is nice...not cheap plastic either. I didn't even know I was supposed to get a plaque until I saw it in the box. Did you answer the 19 questions yet for your tunes?
Old 12-12-2013, 04:03 PM
RazorGT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Csrt4to5.0gt
congrats, you won't be disappointed! The plaque is nice...not cheap plastic either. I didn't even know I was supposed to get a plaque until I saw it in the box. Did you answer the 19 questions yet for your tunes?
Yeah and I have OCD (for real) and I got paranoid and called BAMA after an hour of filling it out to make sure I filled it out right, and they looked up my order and said it was already written and should ship tomorrow (it says tunes can take up to 3-4 business days but from everyone I hear they usually get it within 3 hours or so!
Old 12-12-2013, 04:13 PM
Csrt4to5.0gt
2nd Gear Member

Yeah and I have OCD (for real) and I got paranoid and called BAMA after an hour of filling it out to make sure I filled it out right, and they looked up my order and said it was already written and should ship tomorrow (it says tunes can take up to 3-4 business days but from everyone I hear they usually get it within 3 hours or so!
as soon as you get your tuner in the mail all you gotta do is hook it up to your computer and have the tunes installed on the tuner. Very easy to do. Tuners usually don't ship out the same day as other products they sell due to the tunes having to be written. Your tuner will come with the 3 custom tunes and quite a few general tunes. Mine had a preloaded 91 tune and a 93 tune as well as some tunes for different intakes. So you get quite a bit for the money.
Old 12-12-2013, 04:17 PM
RazorGT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Csrt4to5.0gt
as soon as you get your tuner in the mail all you gotta do is hook it up to your computer and have the tunes installed on the tuner. Very easy to do. Tuners usually don't ship out the same day as other products they sell due to the tunes having to be written. Your tuner will come with the 3 custom tunes and quite a few general tunes. Mine had a preloaded 91 tune and a 93 tune as well as some tunes for different intakes. So you get quite a bit for the money.
They told me that they would preload the SCT x3 sf3 tuner with the ones I filled in the form and once I get the tuner I can just plug it straight into my car and flash a tune?
Old 12-12-2013, 04:21 PM
Csrt4to5.0gt
2nd Gear Member

They told me that they would preload the SCT x3 sf3 tuner with the ones I filled in the form and once I get the tuner I can just plug it straight into my car and flash a tune?
the way your tuner works may be different than mine. I got the diablo sport I-1000 or whatever it's called that looks like a mini iPhone. You have nothing to worry about, it comes with instructions.
Old 12-12-2013, 04:23 PM
jesse1125
2nd Gear Member

I like my 91 Hybrid tune with my auto
Old 12-12-2013, 04:27 PM
johnny_raincloud
2nd Gear Member

Some good info here!

I will be forced to do 91 tunes since the gas in CA is crap!

Quick Reply: all u bama tune people, what octane and tune do you use?